Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone on SRE Facebook page actually brought up a good point with Alloa wanting to get a result against Raith so they can try and finish 3rd. Therefore they'll avoid Dumbarton possibly in the semis of the play off.

Believe this will happen, I do genuinely believe they'll take something off of Raith.

They’re in the play offs so hopefully they rest a few players, it’s probably 6 and half a dozen. face a in form rovers team or a Dumbarton team struggling for confidence

They’re in the play offs so hopefully they rest a few players, it’s probably 6 and half a dozen. face a in form rovers team or a Dumbarton team struggling for confidence
They were in the play offs against us and they never rested anyone.

Funnily enough I’d take 2 legs vs Raith and Dumbarton instead of Arbroath and Alloa.

Think Dumbarton will get turned over in the semis regardless of who they play.

Funnily enough I’d take 2 legs vs Raith and Dumbarton instead of Arbroath and Alloa.

Think Dumbarton will get turned over in the semis regardless of who they play.
Yeah they seem to have lost that character they've had over the last few seasons to grind out results. If it hadn't been for Brechin they probably could have finished bottom.

Do you not think that Alloa might prefer us in the playoffs (semis or final) than Raith.  After all, they've beaten us twice and drawn once. They've lost once and drawn twice with Raith.  Just a thought.  Paranoia rules.

Do you not think that Alloa might prefer us in the playoffs (semis or final) than Raith.  After all, they've beaten us twice and drawn once. They've lost once and drawn twice with Raith.  Just a thought.  Paranoia rules.
Think positive not negative...

40 minutes ago, Raithie said:

You guys are putting far to much emphasis on Alloa getting a result against us forgetting YOU need to get something against Albion Rovers as well ;)

It would be the greatest final twist for us to play out a shithouse 0-0 draw with Albion Rovers which saves them from automatic relegation and wins us the league. 

It's absolutely mental that we could somehow win the league by taking 1/9 points from the run in :lol:

Spoiler

It's obviously never happening as Raith will at worst draw

Raith will be under the same sort of pressure against Alloa on Saturday that we were under last Sunday, they have to assume that we will beat Albion Rovers and know that anything less than a win will see them in the play offs.

It's basically all turned on it's head as we now have nothing much to lose, as like Raith a couple of weeks back, we've all but resigned ourselves to having blown the automatic promotion.

I Still hate the play offs though.................

17 hours ago, rb123! said:

Someone on SRE Facebook page actually brought up a good point with Alloa wanting to get a result against Raith so they can try and finish 3rd. Therefore they'll avoid Dumbarton possibly in the semis of the play off.

Believe this will happen, I do genuinely believe they'll take something off of Raith.

Not sure why they'd want to avoid us tbh, we've conceded 34 goals in the league since the start of 2018 and 26 of them have come in the last month. We've only scored 12 in that period. That is relegation form and if I were Alloa I'd be rubbing my hands at the prospect of playing us.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Not sure why they'd want to avoid us tbh, we've conceded 34 goals in the league since the start of 2018 and 26 of them have come in the last month. We've only scored 12 in that period. That is relegation form and if I were Alloa I'd be rubbing my hands at the prospect of playing us.

I'm just glad its not us playing you in the semi final. 

I absolutely admire the enthusiasm from Ayr fans who are still confident we can win the league.

Raith have better home league form than league leaders Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Man City and Celtic this season. In to the bargain we have Shankland suspended against a team needing probably a point to avoid automatic relegation.

I'm not even going to celebrate if we somehow manage to still win the league. It would be more a sense of relief than celebration.

I think I may break down in tears in the SRE if we win the league. This season has been an emotional rollercoaster and I’ve not had a chance to let it sink in.

Won’t happen though.

Archived