Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

10 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

What is then, suggestion please.

Leagues of 20 and 22 would be better for a start. However, I agree with what you're saying about 10 team leagues - they bore me to death. The problem is the Old Firm's need to play each other 4 times a season. 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where’s what support coming from???

And no it’s not boring at all. You play a team once every 10/11 weeks, what would be boring is having a game halfway into the season 8th against 13th where both teams have absolutely f**k all to play for.

Who is going to give two fucks about that?

The league structure is perfect, the only thing that needs to change is the relegation from league 2.

Hamilton v Ross County looks really tasty this weekend, would I f**k sit and watch that if it was 10th v 12th in a 21 team league. But with both of them battling it out at the bottom it makes it exciting.

Look how much crowds went up for Hibs and St Mirren off the back of a season where they could potentially win something.

The league this season has brought the best out of both Rovers and Ayrs support. Would over 4000 turn up if it was 6th v 7th in the league above?

Two 21 team leagues would do nothing but make a vast majority of teams boring.

You’re slavering.

Thats your opinion pal, mine is mine. As it is scottish football is dying a slow and very painful death. So instead of accusing someone of slavering, come up with a realistic alternative suggestion

Just now, 1nickydevlin said:

Quite funny that a raith fan and a Arbroath fan are arguing with one another on a ayr thread .

Yup sure is. Time to bow out i think. good luck to whichever team is in the play offs.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Why should 2nd place be guaranteed a promotion spot? Why don't we just have 1 up and 1 down because really the only teams that deserve it are the ones who win the league.

The play-offs create excitement and fans thoroughly enjoy them on the whole. Not to mention the extra cash generated for the clubs involved. Decrying them based on the apparent "fairness" of a 2 up 2 down system is crazy.

in england the top two are promoted and the rest are in the play offs.

8 minutes ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

in england the top two are promoted and the rest are in the play offs.

In case you haven't noticed, the English leagues have twice the amount of teams in them...

Right well it's been over 24 hours since the game ended and I'm still miserable. I stopped reading P&B after Moore blazed his penalty and I don't plan on going back to read it all. 

I'm guessing it's been a mixture of jubilant Raith fans, other fans pissing themselves laughing, heartbroken and angry Ayr fans and a few McCall must go shouts. However going by whats on this page I do hope that none of my fellow Ayr fans have been saying that the play offs is a shit idea simply because we now have to go through them.

It might be shit and it's incredibly unfortunate we're not going to win the league after what has been a thoroughly enjoyable season imo. But theres been avoidable errors this season that has cost us and I'm afraid Ian McCall will most likely go whether we go up or not. 

Final note for the any Raith fan. Enjoy next Saturday, try not to rub it in.

3 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

Right well it's been over 24 hours since the game ended and I'm still miserable. I stopped reading P&B after Moore blazed his penalty and I don't plan on going back to read it all. 

I'm guessing it's been a mixture of jubilant Raith fans, other fans pissing themselves laughing, heartbroken and angry Ayr fans and a few McCall must go shouts. However going by whats on this page I do hope that none of my fellow Ayr fans have been saying that the play offs is a shit idea simply because we now have to go through them.

It might be shit and it's incredibly unfortunate we're not going to win the league after what has been a thoroughly enjoyable season imo. But theres been avoidable errors this season that has cost us and I'm afraid Ian McCall will most likely go whether we go up or not. 

Would we do such a thing?????;)

Seriously i think both will go up and look forward to further meetings next year.

1 minute ago, Varna Rover said:

Would we do such a thing?????;)

Seriously i think both will go up and look forward to further meetings next year.

We won't win the play offs tbh. Too many injuries, players will be completely de-motivated after yesterday and we've only beaten Abroath once in the league and Alloa once in the league.

We'll be stuck in this division next season. On top of that McCall will likely go which means the majority of the players will go and our close season will be mainly trying to find a new manager and then signing a whole new team.

It's a complete disaster tbh.

13 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

It was an Ayr fans post saying they're shite that started all this.

Welcome back, thought you were dead or comatose. You're usually the first to get in amongst it.

5 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

We won't win the play offs tbh. Too many injuries, players will be completely de-motivated after yesterday and we've only beaten Abroath once in the league and Alloa once in the league.

We'll be stuck in this division next season. On top of that McCall will likely go which means the majority of the players will go and our close season will be mainly trying to find a new manager and then signing a whole new team.

Nowt like hyperbole is there.....

I genuinely hope you're right though. 

I'm probably going to get shot down in flames and abused for this but does anyone else feel absolutely gutted for Craig Moore?

He looked distraught at the final whistle and all the players fucked off and left him sitting on the pitch, was pleased some fans were signing there's only one Craig Moore.

Watching the penalty again i think he was too pumped up for it and Moffatt or Forrest should have taken it.

Just now, rb123! said:

I'm probably going to get shot down in flames and abused for this but does anyone else feel absolutely gutted for Craig Moore?

He looked distraught at the final whistle and all the players fucked off and left him sitting on the pitch, was pleased some fans were signing there's only one Craig Moore.

Watching the penalty again i think he was too pumped up for it and Moffatt or Forrest should have taken it.

I wasn't angry with him. I wasn't angry at any of them not even the manager. 

I was surprised when he stepped up to take it as I thought Forrest was on penalties but it's done now so f**k it. 

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Yes. It’s not his fault! I really felt for him

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

I’m not going to sugar coat it, that absolutely broke my heart yesterday. It’s been such a good season, full of twists and turns and so many emotions. Traveling to 35 games has taken its toll for me and 24 hours later, I’m still absolutely devastated beyond belief. I just still can’t believe it. I didn’t sleep last night and all I’ve done since is think about the many things that if one of them didn’t happen, we’d be golden.

After watching us this season, it’s crystal clear that even if they have their flaws, we’re immeasurably weaker without Boyle, a fully fit Geggan and Docherty in our 11. That’s cost us massively.

We have been so unlucky with injuries to big players so many times and this time it’s happened to too many at the wrong time. I mean we had Doc, Robbie and Geggan all out at the same time for almost 2-3 months. Then Higgins gets a season ending injury. Boyle has missed loads of games. We tried forcing it with Geggan twice. We narrowly got away with it at Airdrie and paid the ultimate price for it yesterday. Feel so sorry for him.

And yes, having seen all 8 games, I do not fancy us to beat Arbroath or Alloa in the play offs. They’ve both offered far more of a danger than Raith.

By what I’ve seen this season, right now with our growing injury list, we simply don’t have the squad to win the play offs and I dare say this pain will ease but right now I just can’t even think about them to any extent.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Even some of the best players in the world have missed important penalties. Even Baggio, who carried Italy to the World Cup Final, ended up missing the vital penalty.

At least Moore had the balls to step up when there was so much at stake.

I refuse to criticise him because he has scored alot of important goals for us despite not necessarily being a starter. Of the few players to emerge from Saturday's game with any sort of credit he's one of them. 

Archived