Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dumbarton are in a really bad way. They have been losing so many goals and have fired blanks all throughout the season.
I think Ayr and Raith would maybe just have too much goals in them for Dumbarton to come through the tie. Depends who wins the league, if Raith are champs it all depends on how Ayr bounce back. 
You are not wrong Sergei, the second half of this season has been a complete nightmare. However, play-offs can have a dynamic of their own as we've already discovered, and whilst your assessment is perfectly logical, Sons fans won't accept anything less than a fight to maintain our status.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I've been telling myself and others for weeks we wont win this, I said to the folk I go with that if Raith won yesterday they would win the league and the worst thing is I can't even be smug about it. 

The only chink of hope I can see is that whoever has been in front this season has looked more vulnerable than the team in second.

As for the playoffs, who gives a f**k

Have to say seen Ayr and Raith at Gayfield within the past few weeks and I have to say thought Ayr were much better than Raith, did not think Ayr would throw this away, but think you have, see you at Gayfield in about 10 days

Am I the only Ayr fan who couldn’t give a f*** how the play offs pan out?  

Not right now you’re not. Imagine that’ll change soon though. Even if we somehow managed to win it, it just wouldn’t be the same though.

14 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Am I the only Ayr fan who couldn’t give a f*** how the play offs pan out?  

Doubt it, "if we end up in the playoffs I'll not be there" was uttered by quite a few today.

I’ll not be going to the play offs and if McCalls in charge next season I’ll not be going, even if we win them. He’s blown it big time, I’ve not been particularly sold on him this season and winning the league was the only way to keep me on side with him. However here we are again. 

Avoided these forums the last few days for a feeling of dread headed into this game, but that was beyond anything I  could have ever expected. First half was genuinely shameful, at a loss to explain how they could be so tepid. Last two games there's been four mistakes from prob the most revered four players of the squad. How we've managed to get no points from two games off the back of winning something like 9 out of the last 10 is one for the Ayr history books.

Only consolation is watching the meltdown on the social media pages, particularly the Ayr fan who told the other to go away and f**k dogs. It's turning nasty and will probably get worse.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Avoided these forums the last few days for a feeling of dread headed into this game, but that was beyond anything I  could have ever expected. First half was genuinely shameful, at a loss to explain how they could be so tepid. Last two games there's been four mistakes from prob the most revered four players of the squad. How we've managed to get no points from two games off the back of winning something like 9 out of the last 10 is one for the Ayr history books.

Only consolation is watching the meltdown on the social media pages, particularly the Ayr fan who told the other to go away and f**k dogs. It's turning nasty and will probably get worse.

Would you care to share?

1 minute ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

...how predictable

I’ve made my feelings about him clear since the debacle of last season. 3 games to go and 5 points clear. Losing the league from the position is pathetic and he’s the boss. We won’t win the play offs either. Alloa or Arbroath will see us off in the semis.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Shouldn't you be on the Raith thread telling them how  great they are.

watching game on TV terrible football ,Moffat was a cut above every one else on the park trying to spark things with no avail.

I’ve made my feelings about him clear since the debacle of last season. 3 games to go and 5 points clear. Losing the league from the position is pathetic and he’s the boss. We won’t win the play offs either. Alloa or Arbroath will see us off in the semis.

You could well be right, but let’s give him the benefit of the doubt before we read him his last rights.

Archived