Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In other news both Shankland and Moffat have been nominated for player of the year in League 1 alongside Trouten and Vaughan.
IMO Vaughan not even Rovers player of the year.

Shankland or Trouten for me. Troutens record in a struggling team is very impressive.

IMO Vaughan not even Rovers player of the year.

Correct.

Although, player of year nominations tend to be attacking players and they are probably the 4 best attacking players in the league this season.

I would have had 2, possibly 3 rovers players ahead of him ( Davo and Murray with even Robertson close to it as well).

Pains me to say it but Shankland for L1 PotY as without any doubt he has done the business for Ayr in front of goal.

Alan Trouten for runner up for his contribution in a poor side.

Elsewhere there nothing new flag wise, still very much Ayrs league to lose (but I can still hope).

You'd have to think that even without LS they will have enough about them to get over the line, that's if we don't hand it on a platter for you at Stair park 1st.

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

Pains me to say it but Shankland for L1 PotY as without any doubt he has done the business for Ayr in front of goal.

Alan Trouten for runner up for his contribution in a poor side.

Elsewhere there nothing new flag wise, still very much Ayrs league to lose (but I can still hope).

You'd have to think that even without LS they will have enough about them to get over the line, that's if we don't hand it on a platter for you at Stair park 1st.

Hope so. My main worry is the fact that in our last 2 games we have conceded the opener early.  It usually isn't too big a worry in all honesty, but if Rovers have won on Sat and it happens again then nerves will kick in...

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Well, can’t see us winning the playoffs.

Dumbarton are in a really bad way. They have been losing so many goals and have fired blanks all throughout the season.

I think Ayr and Raith would maybe just have too much goals in them for Dumbarton to come through the tie. Depends who wins the league, if Raith are champs it all depends on how Ayr bounce back. 

13 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Dumbarton are in a really bad way. They have been losing so many goals and have fired blanks all throughout the season.

I think Ayr and Raith would maybe just have too much goals in them for Dumbarton to come through the tie. Depends who wins the league, if Raith are champs it all depends on how Ayr bounce back. 

In all honesty, I've no interest in watching playoffs this season, we ain't got the balls for them anyway.

I've been telling myself and others for weeks we wont win this, I said to the folk I go with that if Raith won yesterday they would win the league and the worst thing is I can't even be smug about it. 

The only chink of hope I can see is that whoever has been in front this season has looked more vulnerable than the team in second.

As for the playoffs, who gives a f**k

Just now, Levenmouth Rover said:

How many title parties have you lot prepared for?

I've not prepared for any, I'll wait 'till next week and see where we are.

Archived