Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, somerset_lad said:
Shanklands hearing has been confirmed for Thursday.

f**k. So it's either yes or no, not the halfway option of having him just for Sunday.

Hopefully that's him finished for the season barring a result on Thursday.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
Hopefully that's him finished for the season barring a result on Thursday.

It took me a while but I got there eventually.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad said:

Hahaha thought I was the only one that was confused.

A few curses on first read.

Was pretty comfortable a week ago. Just shows how quickly things can change.
I was ridiculously chilled right up until the red card.

With shankland in the team there's just a sense that we're going to score, one way or the other. We've went behind so often recently and until Saturday we've came back very well. In none of the games were we even up against it really (without playing that well).

The ten men suddenly knocked us and although I thought we looked fairly comfortable at 1-1 - there was an eerie atmosphere.

McCall will earn his money if he can get a strong reaction on Sunday.

Been approaching CSI levels of video analysis here, but looking at the Shankland incident in slow-motion, it looks like the involvement of the 2nd Stranraer player actually moves him into the path of Neill - if the other Stranraer player doesn't compete for the ball (which he doesn't look like he's going to when Shankland jumps)  Shankland probably misses the Stranraer player altogether.  

Guess we won't know till Thursday, but here's hoping.  Would love the scenes on the Raith thread if Shankland scores a last minute goal that seals us the title...

You know, I was thinking Saturday was peak Ayr United but I have a wee feeling Shankland's card is going to get overturned. 

Peak Ayr would be for him to then get sent off on Sunday. 

27 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

You know, I was thinking Saturday was peak Ayr United but I have a wee feeling Shankland's card is going to get overturned. 

Peak Ayr would be for him to then get sent off on Sunday. 

If anyone knows what happened, you know. Better placed than any official IMO. Even my weans spotted you on the highlights.

18 minutes ago, sci-fi said:

If anyone knows what happened, you know. Better placed than any official IMO. Even my weans spotted you on the highlights.

I hope the referee has to watch my slow broken walk away after it and takes pity. 

IMG_20180416_094255.png

Had a look on soccerbase, and he has 4 league yellows and 1 cup yellow so far.  How many yellows is it for a suspension, assuming that the only chance of the red being overturned is by downgrading to a yellow? 

Had a look on soccerbase, and he has 4 league yellows and 1 cup yellow so far.  How many yellows is it for a suspension, assuming that the only chance of the red being overturned is by downgrading to a yellow? 

6 yellows equal a suspension in the league. It would take 14 days for it to take effect so it wouldn’t really matter this season.

11 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Disagree. With our injuries and suspensions I'd bite your hand off for a draw right now. This would ensure that regardless of Reith's result we would be going into the last game still top knowing a win vs. Albion Rovers who appear to be on horrific form would see us champions.

I feel you. I'm  constantly running scenario's through my head which would see us crowned champions at Alloa. I've also started counting down the number of sleeps to Sunday which is something I've not done since I was about 8.  

I need counselling.

Had to put together a presentation for a meeting tomorrow, finally got it done and have referred to the 'Shankland effect'.

I'm going to get some strange looks!

I'm torn between wanting the season to be all over, and we go up and drawing this season's story out further, with a book, stage play and film about the Shankland season.

Sunday is the biggest game of the season. We will have a huge support and hopefully everyone will get behind the team and give them positive backing and not get on their backs. C'mon Ayr we can do it.

Hart

Ferguson   Bell Rose

McDade  Crawford Kerr Adams Forrest

Moore Moffat

McGuffie the impact sub plus the young boys on the bench. 

Hopefully  Shankland can play. Please!

I think this will be the team lineup, unless Geggan makes it or Shankland wins his appeal. Should still be enough to get a result, but we're really at bare bones now. I wouldn't change the formation at this late stage, as players will be out of position as it is without playing them in an unfamiliar system as well.

Injured: Higgins, Docherty, Boyle, Reid, Geggan.

Suspended: Shankland.

LINEUP111524011430120.png

The appeal against Shankland’s red card has been unsuccessful. At least he’ll be available for the play offs [emoji23]

In all seriousness, does the the suspension not normally get extended if the appeal fails, or is that no longer the rules?

Nah it’s just a two match ban.

Might’ve played his last game for us.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad said:

Nah it’s just a two match ban.

Might’ve played his last game for us.

I'd rather that was the case than see him in an Ayr strip again this season.

Archived