Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

My first season supporting Ayr was the last time we won this league. I have seen enough ups and downs since to know it's not over yet, but I'm confident in this team to deliver our first title in over 20 years.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Honest_Ally said:

My first season supporting Ayr was the last time we won this league. I have seen enough ups and downs since to know it's not over yet, but I'm confident in this team to deliver our first title in over 20 years.

Gloryhunter.

7 hours ago, Honest_Ally said:

1987 was the first season I decided in advance to go to all the home games. Parents moved to Tarbert in March so I missed the celebrations. In 1997 I was at a reunion party in England (not Berwick sadly) so I missed that too. Hoping the players will finish the job so I can at last experience this "lifting a trophy" razmatazz.

Would be surprised given he can’t now play for another club this season.  That said, the goal be conceded at East Fife raised real questions about his attitude and may be the reason Hart was recalled.  Couldn’t believe there were Ayr fans defending him after that goal.  It swerved! It dipped!, He was unsighted for a second as the ball briefly vanished into an alternate dimension...!  Nope.  He looked like he just didn’t give a s***.

4 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Would be surprised given he can’t now play for another club this season.  That said, the goal be conceded at East Fife raised real questions about his attitude and may be the reason Hart was recalled.  Couldn’t believe there were Ayr fans defending him after that goal.  It swerved! It dipped!, He was unsighted for a second as the ball briefly vanished into an alternate dimension...!  Nope.  He looked like he just didn’t give a s***.

Not nope. However much of a howler it was it did dip and swerve and conceding it is hardly an indicator of his attitude. Unless you're implying he's willingly conceding goals and not caring, which is nonsense. More likely he's just a bit shit.

Not nope. However much of a howler it was it did dip and swerve and conceding it is hardly an indicator of his attitude. Unless you're implying he's willingly conceding goals and not caring, which is nonsense. More likely he's just a bit shit.

Very shit imo

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Get a grip.  No one is saying he deliberately let the shot go past him.  But attitude is pretty important.  Remember a certain Gary Harkins? Good player.  Didn’t give a s***.   Plenty of other examples down the years.  Thomas Gill and Nigel Jemson stick in the mind.  

13 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Get a grip.  No one is saying he deliberately let the shot go past him.  But attitude is pretty important.  Remember a certain Gary Harkins? Good player.  Didn’t give a s***.   Plenty of other examples down the years.  Thomas Gill and Nigel Jemson stick in the mind.  

Maybe the next time one of the players makes a mistake they should look to the sky with their arms raised and scream "why, why!". Just so their attitude doesn't get called into question.

Just a wee note to Alloa:

We are bringing quite a lot of supporters next week.

Please do not run out of food.

You have been warned. We could have up to a couple of thousand, including 9 full buses.

Get your food ordered and enjoy the black and white pound!!!

You have been warned. We could have up to a couple of thousand, including 9 full buses.
East fife obviously took that message well, ran out of pies before half time.

3 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I'll pass it on. Don't know exact details at our club but I'm fairly sure its more like a franchise deal.

...So once you're in the door and bought your programme your money is in the pocket and there'll be no qualms about throwing you out.:lol:

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow night. Think a lot of people are wondering how it will be presented though.

Have no idea why.

I'm guessing it will be two players walking in wearing it. 

The club wont want their fingerprints on any presentation involving topless models, they can leave that to the sponsor 

Could you imagine the headlines if a semi-naked woman was being jeered by a room full of drunk men at a club event?
I'm sure a few Raith fans would be looking for a "bringing the game in to disrepute" charge. 

Might not need the disrepute charge...

The way we've been playing the last few weeks and giving teams head starts I've felt we were due a defeat.

Shouldn't get too down about it though cause we're still two points clear and they play that lot next.

Also we're on the road next week to Alloa next week so we need to take advantage of our away form.

No point turning away from the team now, they need the opposite, more support for these last two games, we can still do this.

Now onto a POTY which could be interesting!

Archived