Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Iain said:

How about plenty of Bitcoin cash?

Presumably the club took the transaction fees for converting to sterling into account here.

You’re commenting on a scenario you know nothing about. You have no idea how the deal was structured, what was or wasn’t included or what the value was.

But let’s not let lack of facts get in the way of sensationalism and mock outrage.

1 hour ago, Hazbart said:

You’re commenting on a scenario you know nothing about. You have no idea how the deal was structured, what was or wasn’t included or what the value was.

But let’s not let lack of facts get in the way of sensationalism and mock outrage.

I think it says more that you took my comments to be negative!

Have to say i'm extremely wary of this sponsorship deal and it doesn't seem to be getting a good welcome by many people.
How is it going to actually benefit the club and is it not a bit of a gamble for a club our size to be using 'online' cash or whatever it is. All it needs is some computer buff to hack into it and money could be wiped out instantly unless i'm mistaken.
Would much prefer a local company on the strips which will beneift the club and local area.
Hope for a better explanation at POTY on Saturday night.

I'm at work but if someone could respond to this post with a Helen Lovejoy gif that would be smashing.

Bitcoin is a total shambles and I'd hope / pray that we are getting this converted to REAL currency as soon as possible.

For those who aren't aware, Bitcoin was ramped up in the mainstream press a few months back by cretins such as the bra woman, however like every scam this was being pumped when the value had reached $20,000.00 plus, however as I type the value of Bitcoin is currently sitting at $6,850.00 and of course most of those pumping it back at $20,000 will have sold up and be long gone leaving the unitiated holding the baby as it were.

The main issues with it are regulatory and also the fact that there's very little to no liquidity at times, which often results in peer to peer transactions being required, so No, I'd stay well clear..............

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Bitcoin is a total shambles and I'd hope / pray that we are getting this converted to REAL currency as soon as possible.

For those who aren't aware, Bitcoin was ramped up in the mainstream press a few months back by cretins such as the bra woman, however like every scam this was being pumped when the value had reached $20,000.00 plus, however as I type the value of Bitcoin is currently sitting at $6,850.00 and of course most of those pumping it back at $20,000 will have sold up and be long gone leaving the unitiated holding the baby as it were.

The main issues with it are regulatory and also the fact that there's very little to no liquidity at times, which often results in peer to peer transactions being required, so No, I'd stay well clear..............

It's not Bitcoin though. It's Bitcoincash  ,   hence the BCH initials. There is a difference.

4 hours ago, Buckfast said:

It's not Bitcoin though. It's Bitcoincash  ,   hence the BCH initials. There is a difference.

The difference being that Bitcoin Cash is a fork created over a civil war over Bitcoin's future that saw two sides both claiming to be the "legitimate" bitcoin (something which got dragged into the fucking press release ffs). Every fault Bitcoin has also applies to Bitcoin Cash.

Again, this is unlikely to make a lick of difference to the club, though obviously they should cash out on anything they get "paid" in BCH immediately and not hold onto it expecting it to appreciate. For once people should be glad Ayre didn't go and buy the club though, or he genuinely would be trying to pay wages with it.

Archived