Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Evidently not a sensible suggestion as that is completely nonsense. 

Be specific, how many games has Murdoch been on the bench while Robinson has played? 

He injured, either way still not getting game time at Dunfermline but don't want him if he's injured.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evidently not a sensible suggestion as that is completely nonsense. 

Be specific, how many games has Murdoch been on the bench while Robinson has played? 

I was under the impression Robinson was signed as backup while Murdoch was injured.

Murdoch is still first choice over him and Robinson would probably be a more realistic signing in the summer.

5 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Just wondering whether all those people booked on buses will still want to go to Alloa should we be lucky enough to get promoted either this Saturday or next.

I can only speak for myself but I'll be going to the game regardless but think It would be much more special if we were to win the league that day infront of a bumper crowd. The pitch invasion and scenes after the game would be great and the party back down in Ayr even better.

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I can only speak for myself but I'll be going to the game regardless but think It would be much more special if we were to win the league that day infront of a bumper crowd. The pitch invasion and scenes after the game would be great and the party back down in Ayr even better.

“Scenes after the game”.......that one statement is pure delight. Still being cautious tho and I’m not popping any corks until it’s done and dusted. 

Also just read that the POTY has sold out. Going to be some party!

1 minute ago, Waniche said:

“Scenes after the game”.......that one statement is pure delight. Still being cautious tho and I’m not popping any corks until it’s done and dusted.

Also just read that the POTY has sold out. Going to be some party!

Just shows the club were right to move it a bigger venue. Seen someone moaning about it being moved on Facebook, Anyone any idea how many tickets have been sold?

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Just shows the club were right to move it a bigger venue. Seen someone moaning about it being moved on Facebook, Anyone any idea how many tickets have been sold?

Don’t know exactly mate but think it was quoted as 250. Moved because the hospitality only holds 100. 

So, Calvin Ayre is still involved but it's now his website 'CoinGeek' that are the official sponsors.   Confusingly though, the logo on the shirts will be "Bitcoin BCH" - which is essentially a currency - and  the sponsorship will be paid in bitcoin BCH.  This still has a monetary value that can be exchanged, and there's been plenty of news out there lately about people and companies profiting greatly from 'eCommerce' such as BitCoin so it's an interesting idea.  No idea what the logo on the jerseys could look like, it could be completely hanging.    Also there is growing pressure to move away from gambling companies, so it's probably not a bad idea.  Least we may finally move away from the tits in kits launches that attract controversy every summer.  

Trying to work out what what the hell bitcoin is, would say that supporters need a bit more explanation from the club as to what they are.

Take it it's a side company of Ayre's to Bodog, seems to be some sort of cash broker thing from what I can see.

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Trying to work out what what the hell bitcoin is, would say that supporters need a bit more explanation from the club as to what they are.

Take it it's a side company of Ayre's to Bodog, seems to be some sort of cash broker thing from what I can see.

Bitcoin is a 'crypto currency'; that is to say it's a form of currency that has no centralised bank or authority like conventional currencies such as sterling or euros and has no physical presence (i.e. no coins or notes).  It can be used to pay for goods and services online and is exchanged from person to person, rather than through a intermediary such as a cash broker or bank.  Bitcoin has become quite popular in the last few years as online commerce and transactions continue to outstrip traditional transactions.   It also has an exchange rate, for example one Bitcoin has a cash value of roughly £5000.  

Bitcoin is a currency, and the sponsor is the website "CoinGeek".  However, they want Bitcoin to be advertised and used more in the mainstream so it'll be the bitcoin logo that appears on the shirts rather than the website logo.  Certainly it's unusual but BitCoin itself isn't shady at all, just not very common.  I'm surprised the club accepted payment in BitCoin but they'll be able to exchange it very easily for sterling and there is lots of evidence of people becoming fairly rich using bitcoin.  

Bitcoin is a 'crypto currency'; that is to say it's a form of currency that has no centralised bank or authority like conventional currencies such as sterling or euros and has no physical presence (i.e. no coins or notes).  It can be used to pay for goods and services online and is exchanged from person to person, rather than through a intermediary such as a cash broker or bank.  Bitcoin has become quite popular in the last few years as online commerce and transactions continue to outstrip traditional transactions.   It also has an exchange rate, for example one Bitcoin has a cash value of roughly £5000.  

Bitcoin is a currency, and the sponsor is the website "CoinGeek".  However, they want Bitcoin to be advertised and used more in the mainstream so it'll be the bitcoin logo that appears on the shirts rather than the website logo.  Certainly it's unusual but BitCoin itself isn't shady at all, just not very common.  I'm surprised the club accepted payment in BitCoin but they'll be able to exchange it very easily for sterling and there is lots of evidence of people becoming fairly rich using bitcoin.  
Cheers that cleared that up, just seen their logo and doesn't look the best for trying to fit it in with black and white.

Wouldn't be surprised if we have some sort of hideous grey or orange away strip.

Archived