Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Some guy put up a list of defenders we should sign a few days ago. None of them were sensible shouts but the one who stood out for me was Tam O’Ware at Morton. He’s Morton’s captain and wanted by several premiership clubs but aye he’s going to turn them all down to come to Ayr cause he’s a “local boy”. 

Same dude.  The defenders list was hilarious.

Was posting lists and videos of “potential signings”.

Think he needs a reality check.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone on the SRE end made a sensible suggestion with the goalie Murdoch from Dunfermline.

Has been sitting on the bench since Robinson came in earlier in the season and has plenty of championship experience.

53 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Some guy put up a list of defenders we should sign a few days ago. None of them were sensible shouts but the one who stood out for me was Tam O’Ware at Morton. He’s Morton’s captain and wanted by several premiership clubs but aye he’s going to turn them all down to come to Ayr cause he’s a “local boy”. 

Dryhorce

I've never understood fans suggesting signings.

Does it ever have any effect on reality?

Fair enough discussing the merits of rumoured (actual evidence based connections) signings. But even then how fucking bad are we at predicting success? I wasn't alone in creaming my pants at the prospect of harkins last year - and yet shankland was greeted with some genuine pessimism on here.

It's all pretty pointless stuff.

18 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Just wondering whether all those people booked on buses will still want to go to Alloa should we be lucky enough to get promoted either this Saturday or next.

An away day with the confirmed champions elect? What's not to love? I want Alloa away to be a party with a large amount of inflatables, zero pressure and a good giggle at Raith Rovers, not an arse-clenching scrap where we still only have one hand on the trophy.

An away day with the confirmed champions elect? What's not to love? I want Alloa away to be a party with a large amount of inflatables, zero pressure and a good giggle at Raith Rovers, not an arse-clenching scrap where we still only have one hand on the trophy.

Absolutely this. I'm 34 and a pressure free away day party celebrating something that's already won is something i've never experienced and would bloody love to.

Edit - obviously I really hope it doesn't happen, but i'd say it's more likely that folk would cancel if we were going up there unable to clinch the title even with a victory

I can’t be alone in thinking it’s pretty much a stick on you’re going to keep Shankland next season. Had you stayed down he’d have been off, but I’m not sure who in the Championship would take him and who he’d rather go to than you. He’s clearly adored by your fans and he isn’t going to get a move to the Premiership. I’d be really surprised if he went anywhere else.

17 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

It's more from the point of view that there is still a home game to come to celebrate and many folk that have booked must not go to many away games. Totally agree btw!

3 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Might be the same guy that said craig conway is a shout for next season .ftom blackburn rovers too ayr united emoji23.png

Yeah I read that one mate. Loved the “does anybody know him?” Lol. 

Oh how I forgot about Dryhorse. Has to be him surely. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I can’t be alone in thinking it’s pretty much a stick on you’re going to keep Shankland next season. Had you stayed down he’d have been off, but I’m not sure who in the Championship would take him and who he’d rather go to than you. He’s clearly adored by your fans and he isn’t going to get a move to the Premiership. I’d be really surprised if he went anywhere else.

He's been absolutely unreal at times this season, I suppose we're just not used to having luxuries like that so naturally fear the worst! Players that score goals week-in, week-out will always be looked at by those further up the food chain, I just hope Shankland realises that it was Ayr who saved his career and at the moment we are the perfect match.

7 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

He's been absolutely unreal at times this season, I suppose we're just not used to having luxuries like that so naturally fear the worst! Players that score goals week-in, week-out will always be looked at by those further up the food chain, I just hope Shankland realises that it was Ayr who saved his career and at the moment we are the perfect match.

Tbh I can see a ‘Devlin’ happening here. It’s the exact same type of scenario. Scrapheap - great season - championship level - then some club down south. Hope not but that’s reality. 

25 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

We will win league at alloa .on the tv . The singing of "are you watching rovers scum " tae drown out the gaelic commentry .Then back in ayr for a party emoji106.png

Barry Smith is crying, The Ayr are going up.

I was hoping Devlin was going to go down to Walsall and sit on the bench this season and then we'd go back up and take him on loan for the season.

However he's doing really well at Walsall so that won't be happening.

5 hours ago, rb123! said:

Someone on the SRE end made a sensible suggestion with the goalie Murdoch from Dunfermline.

Has been sitting on the bench since Robinson came in earlier in the season and has plenty of championship experience.

Evidently not a sensible suggestion as that is completely nonsense. 

Be specific, how many games has Murdoch been on the bench while Robinson has played? 

Archived