Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

16 hours ago, wuffster said:

People know what they are getting in to with the player fund. It's fine that it's not for you. Interesting that you only have a problem with it now (i.e. when we are doing well). Looking to sell the shares?

You do come across as a bit of a miserable cu

I don’t have a problem at all, just not in agreement and not miserable. *cuttie pie though? That’s nice. 

Sorry but can’t and wouldn’t sell, as now part of a 4th generation Ayr fans trust fund. 

Once again, I do get the concept.   However, out of a core support of circa 1500, then a wider support of at least 10k......why have only 47 supported it?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone done the analysis, leaving aside the Rangers Cup game, how is the goals against column since Ruddy came in? Probably a cou0le of games early on to settle in but since then there have been quite a few clean sheets. Takes more than just a keeper I agree but I think stats will show he has made a difference.

4 hours ago, Valelover said:

Has anyone done the analysis, leaving aside the Rangers Cup game, how is the goals against column since Ruddy came in? Probably a cou0le of games early on to settle in but since then there have been quite a few clean sheets. Takes more than just a keeper I agree but I think stats will show he has made a difference.

Aye, you've helped improve us Jack.

48 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Suppose it helps when the goalie isn’t chucking into his own net (bar Alloa) but the difference has been moving Bell into defence.

That has been a definite improvement. Bell and Geggan playing has also limited Rose, Reid and Ferguson at the same time which is a big plus point. On top of the silly goals there used to be a lot of panic at every cross ball which seems to have gone with Ruddy. 

5 hours ago, Valelover said:

I'm still not fully sold on him, we have got better at stopping the ball getting to the goalkeeper as often and that has really helped. 

On one hand he has conceded one goal since that Rangers game, on the other he has barely had a save to make. 

Raith game being off could be good. We win on Tuesday we go 6 clear, putting a bit of pressure on them. They then have a hard fixture away at Airdrie. This time next week we could be between 6-9 points clear with them having played one game less.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Raith game being off could be good. We win on Tuesday we go 6 clear, putting a bit of pressure on them. They then have a hard fixture away at Airdrie. This time next week we could be between 6-9 points clear with them having played one game less.

I hope they arrange it for Tuesday.  

Hart has made 21 appearances in the league with  6 clean sheets and 28 goals conceded. Compared to Ruddy with 8 apps, 4 clean sheets, 5 goals conceded.

Can't really compare the two yet but looking at it, the worst stat is the 28 against in  21 appearances, not all Hart's fault of course, but kinda ridiculous for a team trying to win a title, despite the amount of goals they've scored.

8 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hart has made 21 appearances in the league with  6 clean sheets and 28 goals conceded. Compared to Ruddy with 8 apps, 4 clean sheets, 5 goals conceded.

Can't really compare the two yet but looking at it, the worst stat is the 28 against in  21 appearances, not all Hart's fault of course, but kinda ridiculous for a team trying to win a title, despite the amount of goals they've scored.

Meh, they kind of stats mean nothing. MOTD Saturday night it was comparing Butland and Pickford for England. This season they have conceded 101 goals between them, yet are very highly rated. 

A settled defence always helps a keeper and we have had that recently with Geggan coming back abd Bell slotting in at CB.

Geggan going to right back and bell to centre half has tightened up the back four, ferguson had been struggling for weeks at right back and higggins wasn't doing things well either couple of horrendous goals down to him may be a good leader but hasn't been that good this season

Archived