Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's absolutely fine by me.
ETA: Will miss a penalty first. 

Very strange that for all the firepower we have, that based on the penalties ive seen Shankland Moore and Moffat all miss this season I wouldnt be confident in a penalty shootout in the playoffs at all haha

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'll get the name of the scorer of the 100th goal tattooed on my arse.

If Moore scores it you'll only need to pay for 1 O and it'll lend some encouragment to your future conquests.

The next 3 games will define our season and it's in our hands with the game in hand at Albion a week on Tuesday then Raith at home on the Saturday. 

In my opinion we'll need to go unbeaten for the rest of the season or at most lose once to finish 1st because although Raith aren't winning at the moment they're still getting draws and more importantly picking up points.

This is their current sticky patch of form which is probably due ending anytime soon. 

19 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

Think it's a perfect scenario, hard game at Arbroath this week is the one I'm worried about

Raith have a tough fixture Forfar who are clawing themselves to safety. Every chance they could drop points again. Another Ayr win and Raith draw would mean a win v Albion could put us 1 clear (2 if you count goal difference) with the possibly of going 4 (5 with goal difference if we were to beat them).

All ifs and buts however, hoping we can build on our 2 wins in the last match. If we were to eclipse our 9 win run from earlier on in the season, I reckon that would clinch us the league.

I have a feeling like I said since early in the season that it will go down to the last day .I think we will beat raith at somerset .but with key players back and the defence looking a lot better I dont think we will drop many more points .still can not believe the amount of goals we are scoring .league will go down to last day with us clinching the title .was at berwick in 97 when we last won the league it .coyhm

Archived