Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

12 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Remember back at the Stranraer play off game they took a bomb before the match with hundreds of fans in then after the match wouldn’t let folk in with Ayr colours on. They done it again last week with Ayr fans in early then when the **** turned it started asking Ayr fans to leave, so don’t bother with it. 

Droothy Neebors, The Market, Rabbies and Tam Oshanter for me.

Yeah thats why I swore I’d never give them another penny.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah thats why I swore I’d never give them another penny.

2 folk say it happened, that's good enough for me. F*ck them.

Did it definitely happen on Sunday though? I've been told by a (semi) regular that it didn't.

McCall said after the game that Docherty and Crawford could be back for next week, personally if either are in the team i think it should be on the bench from the start.

No need to rush them straight back into the starting 11, we've been without them both for about the last 2/3 months so the bench will do for next week.

Just looking at the stats there and Docherty has only lost once in the league all season. He was subject to criticism at the start of the season (myself included) but it shows that his best work often goes unnoticed.

If they are fit for next week they should be on the bench though. Last thing we need is to rush them back and they do further damage to themselves.

McCall said after the game that Docherty and Crawford could be back for next week, personally if either are in the team i think it should be on the bench from the start.
No need to rush them straight back into the starting 11, we've been without them both for about the last 2/3 months so the bench will do for next week.

Agree. Forrest in for McGuffie and the rest the same for me. Those 2 on the bench for a run out if possible. Time to put a run together.

From a good source Crawford and docherty back next week, probably on the bench but positive signs we are getting stronger as a squad

on team wise today it is clearly obvious mcguffie  and Forrest should not nlŷ be impact players from the bench although for me Forrest is ahead of mcguffie boy mcguffie great skill but absolutely no pace and disagree with McCall the boy is not going to be a top player because of this.

mccall has given both a chance to establish themselves by starting several times with neither taking it.

thought east fife worked hard today which wakened  us up eventually and shanklands goal just class

From a good source Crawford and docherty back next week, probably on the bench but positive signs we are getting stronger as a squad
on team wise today it is clearly obvious mcguffie  and Forrest should not nlŷ be impact players from the bench although for me Forrest is ahead of mcguffie boy mcguffie great skill but absolutely no pace and disagree with McCall the boy is not going to be a top player because of this.
mccall has given both a chance to establish themselves by starting several times with neither taking it.
thought east fife worked hard today which wakened  us up eventually and shanklands goal just class

Disagree, Forrest has definitely taken his chance in the last few months and his performances have been superb.

McGuffie will be a player. Maybe not as good as McCall says but he’s showing all the signs. Might sound clichéd but he needs a run of games and he simply isn’t going to get it at Ayr right now. He would be at another club on loan right now if it wasn’t for his goals vs QP. We simply can’t afford to be trying and testing young players when right now every game is a cup final.

He’ll probably stay until the end of the season and sign a new deal but regardless of what division we’re in next season I’d loan him out to a League One team for 6 months at least.

Forrest has what 7 goals in 12 games from left mid since Crawford got injured? I'm one of Crawfords biggest fans and desperate to get him back but Forrest has done great and will only get better. Also the one guy out the squad i'd trust with a penalty the now.

10 hours ago, Lochwood said:

This is a good time to try get them back in, we will need the depth in the squad  for a final push going for the title 

Just now, somerset_lad00 said:

Doc and Crawford both starting tonight. As is Faulds, McGuffie, McCowan and Hilton.

Hopefully see them both on Saturday.

I was thinking about firing down to Cumnock to watch but ultimately decided against it.

Are you at the game?

Archived