Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Used to think our Lachlan was quite sound. Now that I follow him on twitter, not quite so sure. Trump and gun loving. Worrying.

Outstanding bio though. 

Personally I couldn’t give a f**k about his political views. 

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

Dunno why I even care, I misjudge the walking time from pub to ground every single time and get through the turnstyle out of breath about 2 seconds before kick off anyway

Out of interest, what pub is most popular with ayr fans during a home game? I know the Black Bull is popular and a few also go to the Wallace. Still gutted that the Horseshoe shut down. 

Out of interest, what pub is most popular with ayr fans during a home game? I know the Black Bull is popular and a few also go to the Wallace. Still gutted that the Horseshoe shut down. 

Not sure what is the most popular. I usually go to the Market Inn pre game which usually has a dozen or so Ayr fans in.

Went to Black Bull for the first time before the Arbroath home game recently, first time i'd been in since it got done up and it was pretty decent and quite busy too.

Just love the Black Bull before and after a game. I only make about 2 games a season due to living in the Midlands having left Ayr back in ‘74 but the Black Bull is a must. I normally come with the 4 son-in-laws play some golf, watch Sooper Ayr,  then get even more lashed at Black Bull and in Prestwick. Luv it albeit son - in - laws take the piss about Somerset a Park ...they support Spurs and Man united (of course they do not come from North London or Manchester!!!)

my other team...Darvel Juniours

1 hour ago, Valelover said:

Just love the Black Bull before and after a game. I only make about 2 games a season due to living in the Midlands having left Ayr back in ‘74 but the Black Bull is a must. I normally come with the 4 son-in-laws play some golf, watch Sooper Ayr,  then get even more lashed at Black Bull and in Prestwick. Luv it albeit son - in - laws take the piss about Somerset a Park ...they support Spurs and Man united (of course they do not come from North London or Manchester!!!)

my other team...Darvel Juniours

Remember back at the Stranraer play off game they took a bomb before the match with hundreds of fans in then after the match wouldn’t let folk in with Ayr colours on. They done it again last week with Ayr fans in early then when the **** turned it started asking Ayr fans to leave, so don’t bother with it. 

Droothy Neebors, The Market, Rabbies and Tam Oshanter for me.

31 minutes ago, Valelover said:

Thanks good to know...we’ll give it a miss when up in April...we r staying in Prestwick...any suggestions that side of Somerset but walking distance?

Wallace is walking distance at Newton on Ayr station. Would suggest to just stay in Prestwick, few good pubs like Scruffy Duffys, The Buff, Golf Inn etc then just get a taxi to Somerset.

Remember back at the Stranraer play off game they took a bomb before the match with hundreds of fans in then after the match wouldn’t let folk in with Ayr colours on. They done it again last week with Ayr fans in early then when the **** turned it started asking Ayr fans to leave, so don’t bother with it. 
Droothy Neebors, The Market, Rabbies and Tam Oshanter for me.

Is that definitely right aye? If so i'll definately not be back there again and make sure none of the folk I go to ganes with do either. Won't hurt them that much I don't suppose but principle of it etc etc

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

So it's back in our own hands?

For a start we need to win all our games between now and Raith next month, then beat Raith at home, see where we are after that game and then just keep winning until the end of the season.

With Docherty and Crawford nearing return and after one of our better performances in a while today i think we can do it, will be tough though.

For a start we need to win all our games between now and Raith next month, then beat Raith at home, see where we are after that game and then just keep winning until the end of the season.
With Docherty and Crawford nearing return and after one of our better performances in a while today i think we can do it, will be tough though.

If we can get Crawford back I’ll certainly be much more confident.

I'm confident. We will drop points but i've seen nothing from Raith to suggest they will win every game either. A look at the comments in their match thread today suggests they arent in much better shape than we are at all, and fans also seem to be 'unsure' about manager.

IF the guys that are coming back plus the rest stay fit I think we will win the league or power through the playoffs. If they don't, then we prob don't go up.

Fingers crossed.

Title isn't over but still suspect Raith will nick it. If we can field a full team in the playoffs pretty confident we'll win them though.

It's looking a lot better than it did just after new year.

Hopefully the team can get settled, and go on a wee run.

30 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If we can get Crawford back I’ll certainly be much more confident.

He's back in training apparently, although wouldn't fancy him playing next week cause you know what Airdrie can be like with their tackling.

22 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Title isn't over but still suspect Raith will nick it. If we can field a full team in the playoffs pretty confident we'll win them though.

It could well come down to goal difference which could work in our favour.

If we win every game between now and the end of the season, we can only lose the title on goal difference....  
On a more serious note, did the defence look better with Bell and did Kerr look like he'll be an asset?

Wouldn’t judge the defence on that game. East Fife offered nothing going forward. The next few games will tell but Bell looks good at centre half. Can’t really remember him losing many headers.

Kerr looks decent but I’d rather have Doc instead.

Archived