Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Meathead said:

I thought Moore's all round game was a lot better when he was playing with Jordan Preston than it is now. He seemed more nimble, more aggressive and he contributed a lot more outside the box. He's still an excellent penalty box striker but he just seems to be missing that spark from two seasons ago. He has a bit of a tendency to drift out of games in which we're not dominating at the moment.

Completely agree with this. Moore was excellent to watch in his first spell with us, driving at defences along with everything else you mention. Seems to have lost that a bit but obviously an incredible return this season in so little game time. 

Moore is an out and out goal scorer put it in the box and he will score most times, but he is most certainly not a team player doesn't contribute anything in build up play like Moffat or shank land. In my opinion he is like Forrest an impact player from the bench.

2 hours ago, Meathead said:

I thought Moore's all round game was a lot better when he was playing with Jordan Preston than it is now. He seemed more nimble, more aggressive and he contributed a lot more outside the box. He's still an excellent penalty box striker but he just seems to be missing that spark from two seasons ago. He has a bit of a tendency to drift out of games in which we're not dominating at the moment.

I think there is still a tendency to underestimate the seriousness of Moore's head injury.  Another concussion could finish him which must be in the back of his mind every time he goes for a high ball.  Think he's been a bit unlucky with the emergence of Shankland which denied him tonnes of game time, particularly when we were on fire through Oct/Nov.

Moore is an out and out goal scorer put it in the box and he will score most times, but he is most certainly not a team player doesn't contribute anything in build up play like Moffat or shank land. In my opinion he is like Forrest an impact player from the bench.

Yet in previous spells he most certainly did contribute to build up play. Possibly to do with who he is playing alongside, in that they will automatically drop deeper so that he won't have to.

I see the young lad Ecrepont was starting for Scotland 16's against Spain yesterday, up against boys from Real Madrid and Barcelona etc.

Obviously it doesn't mean a huge amount at that age but nice to even see Ayr Utd (academy anyway) represented amongst that lot!

Archived