Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

Ruddy is on £900 a week from what I hear. Wolves have agreed to pay his wages as long as he plays, once he is dropped then Ayr pick up the tab.

That's bollocks. So he basically cannot be dropped?

I would have liked him to be dropped and Hart to play.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I knew this would happen, but naw get Hart out and a new goalie in. 

We needed a new keeper though. Hart was very low on confidence and shipping goals.

It's absolutely staggering that the boy is on £900 pw, and very frustrating that we can't afford to drop him.

Why would we consider dropping Ruddy?

He’s had one mistake against Alloa but apart from that he’s done nothing wrong.

If I remember correctly he’s made good saves against Raith and Arbroath which would’ve seen us go behind.

Hart on the other hand became impossible to defend. Costed us numerous goals in games that we could’ve otherwise won. I have no doubts that he’ll improve but he needed replacing and from what I’ve seen of Ruddy I’m pretty happy we’ve signed him.

Why would we consider dropping Ruddy?

He’s had one mistake against Alloa but apart from that he’s done nothing wrong.

If I remember correctly he’s made good saves against Raith and Arbroath which would’ve seen us go behind.

Hart on the other hand became impossible to defend. Costed us numerous goals in games that we could’ve otherwise won. I have no doubts that he’ll improve but he needed replacing and from what I’ve seen of Ruddy I’m pretty happy we’ve signed him.

Did you not see his kicking yesterday? And in the raith game? Big chances are being created by his mistakes.

He also pushed so many shots straight back out. It was a poor performance.

Those kind of games usually allow a keeper to play a blinder, even in a losing cause. I didn't think he made one impressive save yesterday.

I knew this would happen, but naw get Hart out and a new goalie in. 

We did need a new keeper - if serious about winning the league. However it appears McCall has fucked it, again. Like the season we brought Alan Martin in as our first choice was shite. In that case we made a signing which made a massive difference in us getting promoted.

Did you not see his kicking yesterday? And in the raith game? Big chances are being created by his mistakes.

He also pushed so many shots straight back out. It was a poor performance.

Those kind of games usually allow a keeper to play a blinder, even in a losing cause. I didn't think he made one impressive save yesterday.

This - even basic shots were being fumbled out. Not always very far but worrying all the same.

Said before, give him a couple of weeks but if we want to win this league and that kind of performance continues something will need to be done as it'll cost us.

It may be wrong - but he's a loan player who we need to come in and make a difference. So he's probably going to be treated more harshly than Hart.

8 hours ago, placidcasual said:

I'll field that one if you don't mind.

Yes, wee sandy along with approximately 85% of Fifers is a simpleton.

Wow!!

Four glaring errors in such a short sentence, quite an "achievement" really.

Your Mummy and Daddy should have a chat with your primary school teacher as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

We needed a new keeper though. Hart was very low on confidence and shipping goals.

The problem with Hart was he was full of confidence and shipping goals.

Ruddy looks a better shot stopping keeper than Hart, apart from one colossal mistake. He doesn't come for  crosses much and when he does he elects to punch most of the time.  But I doubt either Hart or Ruddy will be playing as high as this level or higher for the bulk of their careers

Having just watched the highlights (so to speak) I reckon Reid had a stronger game than rose yesterday. Rose gets beat for a couple one on one, he just has to be a bit more aggressive. A bit nastier.

Rangers played very well actually, but so many problems came from our lack of a defensive midfield. Any back 4 needs protection, especially against a stronger side. We simply lacked options there.

I still reckon we need to be much more aggressive in the league. We're going to concede so we have to get off to a flyer. A two goal lead can disappear very quickly with our defence.

11 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

If that is just locals from alloa then that is as you say, shite baggery.

But that to me sounds as if ex-pats who now live in alloa are taking pride in their travelling to games still to support their local team (dundee united, I mean). A bit like if I had a  'Glasgow Rovers' flag. The difference with these **** is they are genuine locals who are born and bread in every where but Glasgow, probably wouldn't know how to get to ibrox if you dumped them on Buchanan Street and seem to be taking pride in deliberately not following their local team!

The last part is the important bit. I know a couple of blue noses in Ayr that I've questioned multiple times about why they don't support their local team and they just laugh it off with a response like 'why would I support those losers'? Um, we wouldn't be losers if people like you supported us instead of backing sectarian teams in Glasgow.

I think the same could be said in Kirkcaldy or any other town in Scotland.

17 minutes ago, Young Eddie said:

The last part is the important bit. I know a couple of blue noses in Ayr that I've questioned multiple times about why they don't support their local team and they just laugh it off with a response like 'why would I support those losers'? Um, we wouldn't be losers if people like you supported us instead of backing sectarian teams in Glasgow.

I think the same could be said in Kirkcaldy or any other town in Scotland.

I'd hazard a guess more travel to watch Celtic on the bus from Alloa than to watch us away. I often drive past the bus on the way to work. Although I imagine a majority in this area are Rangers fans.

On 11/02/2018 at 21:06, diegomarahenry said:

Raith and Dunfermline fans both hate Adams

He's doing things right

Don't think any Dunfermline fans have hated him since Joe Cardle decked him. 

He is shite, he's massively out of his depth against other full time sides. You need better than him to stay in the championship. 

Bell isn't much better. 

He is shite, he's massively out of his depth against other full time sides. You need better than him to stay in the championship. 

Bell isn't much better. 

Must of missed Cardle decking him. Was it not Peter Murphy?

But yeah I said last year he would be out his depth in the Championship and he was. He’s been good this year though against the part timers. This will most likely be his last year of football.

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Bell isn't much better. 

If we do get promoted we’ll need to bring in loads of players. Only a few of our current squad will be good enough at championship level. 

6 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Must of missed Cardle decking him. Was it not Peter Murphy?

But yeah I said last year he would be out his depth in the Championship and he was. He’s been good this year though against the part timers. This will most likely be his last year of football.

Nah, Cardle got a red card for flicking his arm at Murphy after he got pinched, that got rescinded. 

The incident with Adams might have been the Scottish cup game around that time. 

Archived