Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

believe it or not, at the Alloa/dundee united cup tie there was a banner in the away end which read "Alloa Arabs" I think we were supposed to be impressed

but i couldnt help but think why not support the local team ?  .........c****s    :)

If that is just locals from alloa then that is as you say, shite baggery.

But that to me sounds as if ex-pats who now live in alloa are taking pride in their travelling to games still to support their local team (dundee united, I mean). A bit like if I had a  'Glasgow Rovers' flag. The difference with these **** is they are genuine locals who are born and bread in every where but Glasgow, probably wouldn't know how to get to ibrox if you dumped them on Buchanan Street and seem to be taking pride in deliberately not following their local team!

Ruddy has probably the worst distribution of any keeper I’ve ever seen. He struggles to get the ball off of the ground about 50% of the time. Doesn’t necessarily make him a bad keeper, but combined with the number of times he palms a shot back into the middle of the six yard box, it’s not great.

7 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

Whats racist about calling someone a moron. Use google translate if you cant read russian.:whistle 

If your first language is English, then you may want to learn how to write in proper English before you worry about Russian old champ!

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He was pretty dreadful tbf.

Looking a close call between him and Hart!

McCall will not drop Ruddy now, no matter how bad he is. He’ll have went with his begging bowl to Lachlan to get him here and I’m sure Wolves wouldn’t be impressed if he was dropped. Reminds me of when Jim Lauchlan was signed. Utter bombscare, but when he was signed mid way through the season with extra cash, the manager couldn’t justify putting him on the bench.

McCall will not drop Ruddy now, no matter how bad he is. He’ll have went with his begging bowl to Lachlan to get him here and I’m sure Wolves wouldn’t be impressed if he was dropped. Reminds me of when Jim Lauchlan was signed. Utter bombscare, but when he was signed mid way through the season with extra cash, the manager couldn’t justify putting him on the bench.

We'll see how he is in the next couple of weeks but certainly not looking promising. If our goalkeeping woes continue it'll cost us promotion.

Can only assume, despite what McCall said that no one had watched him.

Don't really care about Wolves thoughts on the matter but if it comes to it, who knows how Hart would mentally deal with getting back in the side.

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We'll see how he is in the next couple of weeks but certainly not looking promising. If our goalkeeping woes continue it'll cost us promotion.

Can only assume, despite what McCall said that no one had watched him.

Don't really care about Wolves thoughts on the matter but if it comes to it, who knows how Hart would mentally deal with getting back in the side.

Wolves wouldn’t send him here without an agreement in place that he plays. Some people claiming we’re not paying a penny for him (I’m not convinced about that) so there’s no chance Wolves would have him here and not playing. He’d be as well playing in their youth teams.

Wolves wouldn’t send him here without an agreement in place that he plays. Some people claiming we’re not paying a penny for him (I’m not convinced about that) so there’s no chance Wolves would have him here and not playing. He’d be as well playing in their youth teams.

No idea how these things work, however he's never going to play for Wolves - that's for sure.

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Didn’t make the game yesterday, did everyone come through it injury free? 

Who still remains on the treatment table? Docherty, Crawford and Higgins (Out for the season)

Kerr will still be out.  Not sure what the situation with Doc/ Geggan/Boyle will be and I’d imagine Crawford will still be out.

Still out: Crawford, Higgins, Kerr

Possibly back: Docherty 

Dependent on how Sunday went: Boyle, Geggan 

Archived