• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

No manager, left back or central midfield for a Scottish cup game live on sky

It is either going to go really really well or really really badly 

Do we have sofas behind the nets.

33 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Played really well for the first hour then after Rangers 2nd we looked dead on our feet.

Score line is embarrassing but I don’t think our performance was as bad as it suggests.

I would agree with that assessment. Ayr played well for the first hour then completely folded after the second goal. Still an awful scoreline to lose by though.

Think we'll agree that we never saw ourselves taking the lead, then staying level in the game until 65 minutes.

If the game had stopped then we would have been extremely proud of the team.

To get humped like that though is an embarrassment, wish he had called it off at half time now.

Think it's an underlying problem collapsing like that and not just down to fitness.

The reaction for next week at a packed Somerset against East Fife will be key though, cause the players will be down and needing lifted.

Think we'll agree that we never saw ourselves taking the lead, then staying level in the game until 65 minutes.
If the game had stopped then we would have been extremely proud of the team.
To get humped like that though is an embarrassment, wish he had called it off at half time now.
Think it's an underlying problem collapsing like that and not just down to fitness.
The reaction for next week at a packed Somerset against East Fife will be key though, cause the players will be down and needing lifted.

I think it might have been partially fitness but also the fact that everyone in the ground (including the players) knew Rangers would score again.

They might have been drawing for an hour but they were chasing Rangers all over the park during that.

Credit to Shankland and the rest of the forwards. Thought they were magnificent.

If we can somehow find a way to play like we did for the first hour every week we should be winning this league. But we’ll undoubtedly do it the hard way.

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I think it might have been partially fitness but also the fact that everyone in the ground (including the players) knew Rangers would score again.

They might have been drawing for an hour but they were chasing Rangers all over the park during that.

Credit to Shankland and the rest of the forwards. Thought they were magnificent.

If we can somehow find a way to play like we did for the first hour every week we should be winning this league. But we’ll undoubtedly do it the hard way.

At 3-1 the game was over, I reckon fitness played a big part in it due to chasing rangers about the park for over an hour, especially with players who aren't 100% fit & with a few certain starters out injued etc it was always going to be difficult, their quick wingers/wing backs caused us problems all game & it seemed a matter of time till they went ahead, unfortunately the score did flatter them a bit at the end even tho they are 2 leagues above 

Archived