Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rw89 said:

I'd be fuming at my defence if I was an Ayr fan. They've scored a ridiculous number of goals, but their goal difference is only 3 better than ours. It's a bit like the last time we were in this league where Ayr went the whole season unbeaten at home yet we won the league. I think the only game we lost at Stark's that season was against Ayr too.

For that reason there’s no chance we’ll not lose a few games before our match on the 10th March. When Higgins got injured a new centre back should have been brought in. The acquisition of Bell isn’t looking too smart and god knows how long Kerr is going to be out for. 

For that reason there’s no chance we’ll not lose a few games before our match on the 10th March. When Higgins got injured a new centre back should have been brought in. The acquisition of Bell isn’t looking too smart and god knows how long Kerr is going to be out for. 

Well, without Bell we would currently have one fit central midfielder - that being Jamie Adams who can't be relied upon. Not sure what the issue with Bell is.

On 5 February 2018 at 22:50, Pick that one out Marshall said:

Millions ??????

Yes, millions.  Our wage bill during that period alone would have been of that magnitude.  That's before all the transfer fees we paid.

both teams have chucked away similar leads already this season. Plenty time for both of us to drop more points. Its a hard tie for us to come down to Somerset - we were awful in Nov, and you boys played us off the park - do that again, win your game in hand, and its all square again.

Certainly not over by a long shot yet!!!!

43 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

both teams have chucked away similar leads already this season. Plenty time for both of us to drop more points. Its a hard tie for us to come down to Somerset - we were awful in Nov, and you boys played us off the park - do that again, win your game in hand, and its all square again.

Certainly not over by a long shot yet!!!!

Indeed.

I've just had a look at the remaining fixtures of both sides and if these matches have the same outcome as first time around, Ayr will win the league by 3 points.

Obviously that exact scenario is highly unlikely to happen but it does show how easily things can turn around, even if we win this weekend.

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I disagree, our guys received plenty of kicks, Vaughan was black and blue after it and couldn’t play on the Saturday.

Leagues not finished yet, it will go to the wire between us with Arbroath just failing to catch us.

You know very well what is meant  by  "not getting a kick",  so  what are you pretending to disagree about?  

Not sure if Ross Docherty is back training or not because there's an article in the AP about the team with the scottish cup at Ayr Academy.

There's then a picutre which shows them training at Ayr academy with Docherty in the centre of it but get a feeling that could be a picture from pre-season.

If he is back in training at least that's a bit of good news, geggan out for Saturday though so what's the odds on his injury turning into a saga.

Not sure if Ross Docherty is back training or not because there's an article in the AP about the team with the scottish cup at Ayr Academy.
There's then a picutre which shows them training at Ayr academy with Docherty in the centre of it but get a feeling that could be a picture from pre-season.
If he is back in training at least that's a bit of good news, geggan out for Saturday though so what's the odds on his injury turning into a saga.

I’ve decide to expect they’ll all be out forever that way it’s a nice surprise when they get a 30 minute cameo before being injured again.

Geggan injury has already turned into a saga as far as I'm concerned. The fact he's out for Sunday is a joke considering he was supposed to be all set for the QP game.

:lol:  So for Sunday we have four defenders in our team and the only back up is the one central midfier we have that’s made of fucking glass. Honest to god you couldn’t make it up. He’s sent all our defensive cover out on loan.

Bell and Adams can both play centre half so i'm not too worried in that regard - it's the lack of defensive cover from out wide that concerns me more, and has been the same since Crawford and Geggan got injured. It's basically 2 wingers or nothing which on the whole isn't working.

The Geggan situation is ridiculous. Why did he even come on against QP a couple of weeks ago? Was needless - can only assume it was for some game time, and it turns out he was clearly not ready and god knows when we will see him back now. Did the Alloa preview not say he would be back training as usual this week?

23 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Bell and Adams can both play centre half so i'm not too worried in that regard - it's the lack of defensive cover from out wide that concerns me more, and has been the same since Crawford and Geggan got injured. It's basically 2 wingers or nothing which on the whole isn't working.

The Geggan situation is ridiculous. Why did he even come on against QP a couple of weeks ago? Was needless - can only assume it was for some game time, and it turns out he was clearly not ready and god knows when we will see him back now. Did the Alloa preview not say he would be back training as usual this week?

That’s the thing though, Kerrs out now for a while, so if we lose a centre back we’re back to square 1 in midfield. 

Geggans done the same as Docherty. No idea what’s going on, but I’d be surprised if we’ll see him again this year. Shame to say it about Doc, but whether we go up or not, he shouldn’t be re-signed. His injury record is just not helping the team. I really like him however we can’t keek going on like this season after season.

50 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

That’s the thing though, Kerrs out now for a while, so if we lose a centre back we’re back to square 1 in midfield.

Geggans done the same as Docherty. No idea what’s going on, but I’d be surprised if we’ll see him again this year. Shame to say it about Doc, but whether we go up or not, he shouldn’t be re-signed. His injury record is just not helping the team. I really like him however we can’t keek going on like this season after season.

I was hoping he'd be back for next week, Have you heard different? If he has sustained a longer-term injury through being rushed back then thats totally inexcusable from McCall. The game was well undeer control and there was no need to put him on if he wasn't 100% match fit.

37 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I was hoping he'd be back for next week, Have you heard different? If he has sustained a longer-term injury through being rushed back then thats totally inexcusable from McCall. The game was well undeer control and there was no need to put him on if he wasn't 100% match fit.

Quite simply Faulds should have played at Hampden.  The time is coming when we HAVE to play youngsters, and they won't be ready.

Moving Moffat into centre midfield doesn't improve things, and only weakens our goal threat up front.

54 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It was more tongue in cheek to do with recent injuries.

14 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Quite simply Faulds should have played at Hampden.  The time is coming when we HAVE to play youngsters, and they won't be ready.

Moving Moffat into centre midfield doesn't improve things, and only weakens our goal threat up front.

Players like Faulds, McCowan, Waite and Murphy should have been eased into games months ago. We knew the size of the squad at the start of the season and the whole point in giving them deals was to be part of the squad. McCall has severely mismanaged the season in terms of this and its wasted a year of these lads careers. 

4 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

:lol:  So for Sunday we have four defenders in our team and the only back up is the one central midfier we have that’s made of fucking glass. Honest to god you couldn’t make it up. He’s sent all our defensive cover out on loan.

Keeping Gilmour would have seemed not too bad an idea now, could have done with him for Sunday.

Archived