Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What was Craig Dargo saying on twitter about us?

Apparently you kept asking about the availability of Alan Forrest and Lawrence Shankland.

Don’t know how reliable it is but he’s an academy coach at Ayr and the tweet isn’t there anymore.

21 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Apparently you kept asking about the availability of Alan Forrest and Lawrence Shankland.

Don’t know how reliable it is but he’s an academy coach at Ayr and the tweet isn’t there anymore.

Hmmm strange one. Has Alan Forrest ever really kicked on or does he look more suited to championship/lower league football for the time being?

Hmmm strange one. Has Alan Forrest ever really kicked on or does he look more suited to championship/lower league football for the time being?

He always goes through a spell every season where he looks like he might fulfil his potential but then after a couple of months he goes back to his old self.

His biggest weakness imo was his lack of strength but the full time football has helped a bit as he’s not getting pushed off the ball as much.

Certainly a very intelligent player but no one seems to know where his best position is including McCall.

32 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

He always goes through a spell every season where he looks like he might fulfil his potential but then after a couple of months he goes back to his old self.

His biggest weakness imo was his lack of strength but the full time football has helped a bit as he’s not getting pushed off the ball as much.

Certainly a very intelligent player but no one seems to know where his best position is including McCall.

It'll be intersting to see if we follow up our interest in either him or Shankland in the summer.

I wouldn't be against taking Forrest but I really dont rate Shankland, regardless of his good form.

It'll be intersting to see if we follow up our interest in either him or Shankland in the summer.
I wouldn't be against taking Forrest but I really dont rate Shankland, regardless of his good form.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised with Shankland. There were a few disgruntled fans when he signed considering he was pretty poor last season but he’s without a doubt the best player in this league.

If we managed to go up and keep him I’d be interested to see how he does against better teams.

McCall won’t willingly let Forrest go. He’s hard on him during matches but that’s only because he knows how good he can be and sometimes Forrest doesn’t show it.

Forrest has developed into a no 10 link man type forward.  He doesn't have the pace or defensive strength to play wide midfield which is where we usually play him which results in him getting grief from the fans which in turn wrecks his confidence.  In fairness, we did play him as a completely isolated centre forward for 6 months last season which kicked him on enormously.  

Doc has been given the all clear on his scan results. Won’t require an op and should be training in a fortnight.

Geggan will miss Alloa on Saturday after having a reaction to his calf problem last week. Will train on Tuesday.

Doc has been given the all clear on his scan results. Won’t require an op and should be training in a fortnight.

Geggan will miss Alloa on Saturday after having a reaction to his calf problem last week. Will train on Tuesday.

Excellent news. So both doc and Crawford will be back? That's outstanding news.

If we can just scrape our way through the next few weeks with as few dropped points as possible.

7 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Other way round 

Archived