Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ayrfan1910 said:

Does anyone think we could fill out the home end instead of away fans?

Probably not anywhere close to what rangers would put in it. I wouldn't mind just having the sre tbh just like the league games a few years back.

That's only if it's rangers tho...

1 hour ago, Ayrfan1910 said:

Does anyone think we could fill out the home end instead of away fans?

Difficult to tell because the last few times we've played them at home has been in the league where the games were pretty irrelevant and the other game was in the mickey mouse Petrofac Cup (now Irn Bru).

Would like to say yes since we got 4,000 in for the play off against Stranraer and that filled up the home end nicely but a lot of them were probably supporters who support Rangers usually.

17 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Lachlan is a good man who cares about the club above his own financial gain. He keeps the club afloat with his own money despite the fact that he will probably never see most of that money again. Until a feasible takeover bid occurs he's keeping the club going.

People who want him out need to be careful what they wish for.

Must admit I liked him better before he started retweeting Trump propaganda into my twitter timeline.

As far as I'm concerned they can have the whole ground. There's probably enough of their Ayr-based sympathisers to fill the place let alone have them pouring in from all other parts of the country.

I haven't been at an Ayr - Rangers game since the days of Burley when we lost 2-0 at Somerset. The thought of being confined in the same ground as their bang-drumming, flute-playing, white protestant supermacist fans strangely enough holds no appeal to me.  So give them the as much of the stadium as they want and make as much money as we can out of it. Knowing we are at least profiting financially might make some of the obnoxious bile you can expect on the day slightly more palatable.

22 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

And what happens if Fraserburgh get a draw??

That's a good question actually which i hadn't thought of. Would presume it would have to be the Tuesday or Wednesday the next week which would be 4/5 days before the tie.

That's a good question actually which i hadn't thought of. Would presume it would have to be the Tuesday or Wednesday the next week which would be 4/5 days before the tie.

Would our game not just be postponed ?

20 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Would our game not just be postponed ?

I was talking about the date for a Rangers/Fraserburgh replay at Ibrox which would need to be held on 6/7th of February which is the same week as the next round on the 10th.

Don't know if our tie would still be played that weekend or not cause you surely can't sell tickets in only 3/4 days. Hope it wouldn't get moved to the following midweek or something stupid like that.

Doubt Rangers will have any problems beating Fraserburgh anyway but you never know.

I was talking about the date for a Rangers/Fraserburgh replay at Ibrox which would need to be held on 6/7th of February which is the same week as the next round on the 10th.
Don't know if our tie would still be played that weekend or not cause you surely can't sell tickets in only 3/4 days. Hope it wouldn't get moved to the following midweek or something stupid like that.
Doubt Rangers will have any problems beating Fraserburgh anyway but you never know.

Smart thing to do would be to move the cup game to the following mid-week and we can play Albion Rovers on the Saturday.

It’s very unlikely we’ll have to worry about them drawing as I can’t see Rangers causing Fraserburgh any problems.

4 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

At least the Rangers fans won't have far to travel. At home, probably on Sky, should be a good pay day. Better Rangers than Celtic & better home than away.

Biggest dilemma for years , what scarf will you guys wear?

Archived