Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

Through to the next round of the Scottish Cup and still only a point behind Raith with them fucking up one of their games in hand.

All is well in the Ayr United world, except for the slight issue of one fit CM, hope we can get Mark Kerr in to the end of the season because from what i've heard Docherty is out for the season.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Through to the next round of the Scottish Cup and still only a point behind Raith with them fucking up one of their games in hand.
All is well in the Ayr United world, except for the slight issue of one fit CM, hope we can get Mark Kerr in to the end of the season because from what i've heard Docherty is out for the season.

Guaranteed we’ll end with someone like Craig Storie.

22 hours ago, rb123! said:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005950/filing-history

I know this off topic and a Stranraer fan only put it on the SRE page looking for a response but what he said is perfectly clear in the statement in black and white.

We've got £1.3 million pound of debt and managed to lose £270k when we last got promoted, poor business management has led to that. 

And since we're not a 'big club' or have a large mainstream of investors it's hard to see how we're going to get rid of that debt.

And to be blunt to the point if Lachlan Cameron turns round one day and says he isn't writing another cheque for us we're fucked.

Tick- Tock

McCall still waiting for scan results for Docherty and Crawford but doesn't look good and he gives the impression both could be out for the majority or whole of the season.

Yeah mostly likely, does also say he’ll be asking the board if we can get another player in. Don’t know if we need a midfielder or a defender tbh.

Shanks should have had his 20th with his one on one where he tried to (I assume) lob the keeper. Moore has hit his target for the season with 20 goals, getting to 30 is realistic for him, and it should be no problem for Shanks, assuming they stay fit.

Incredible that we've beat Killie in the cup live on TV. Definitely beating 100 goals and got 2 strikers looking like they both might hit 30 goals, and the general mood seems to be that it's been a shite season [emoji15].

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Incredible that we've beat Killie in the cup live on TV. Definitely beating 100 goals and got 2 strikers looking like they both might hit 30 goals, and the general mood seems to be that it's been a shite season emoji15.png.

Anything other than promotion and it'll have been a shite season. 

Anything other than promotion and it'll have been a shite season. 

Agreed, if we don’t go up all the goals and stuff like beating Killie are irrelevant because we’ll still be stuck in this league.

Agreed, if we don’t go up all the goals and stuff like beating Killie are irrelevant because we’ll still be stuck in this league.

It's the league we have been 'stuck' in for more seasons than any other recently. So far i've really enjoyed this season - most i've enjoyed watching an Ayr team in years.

57 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Incredible that we've beat Killie in the cup live on TV. Definitely beating 100 goals and got 2 strikers looking like they both might hit 30 goals, and the general mood seems to be that it's been a shite season emoji15.png.

It's been an excellent season peppered with a few shite results. It's up to Ian McCall and the players to ensure that these shite results don't cost us.

It's the league we have been 'stuck' in for more seasons than any other recently. So far i've really enjoyed this season - most i've enjoyed watching an Ayr team in years.

It’s extremely enjoyable but we won’t win anything purely on scoring a lot of goals and not going up.

If we don’t go up we’ll be looking for a new manager and have to rebuild all over again as we’d lose the majority of the squad.

It’s extremely enjoyable but we won’t win anything purely on scoring a lot of goals and not going up.

If we don’t go up we’ll be looking for a new manager and have to rebuild all over again as we’d lose the majority of the squad.

You're probably right. We would still be favourites for the league though. Sadly as you say I can see us losing a lot of the out of contract ones if we stay down.

Depends on what you call a 'shite' season though. We could lose 2 more league games and beat a couple of Premier League teams in the cup between now and May and still stay down. That would be gutting, but compared to the utter dross we have lived through in the last 15 years or so....

6 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

McCall will only leave if he wants to.

You're probably right. We would still be favourites for the league though. Sadly as you say I can see us losing a lot of the out of contract ones if we stay down.

Depends on what you call a 'shite' season though. We could lose 2 more league games and beat a couple of Premier League teams in the cup between now and May and still stay down. That would be gutting, but compared to the utter dross we have lived through in the last 15 years or so....

Wouldn’t describe it as “shite” but we can’t just keep waiting until we are out and out favourites before we win the league.
We wouldn’t be without challengers anyway. Airdrie have just been taken over and I expect them to be up there next season plus you’ve got Alloa and potentially Arbroath.

However winning the league, quarters of the SC, beating local rivals and breaking goal scoring records would be an amazing season.

Long way to go though...

Archived