Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

I remember Sonor had an absolute rocket of a shot on him, I recall him smashing one of the Somerset Road end crossbar from about 30 yards and it was still shaking about 5 mins later !! He was pretty much past it when he arrived at Ayr but still oozed class and just strolled through the games he played. Alain Horace still remains my all time favourite Ayr player as it was just a sheer joy watching him with the ball at his feet, I'm still convinced that barring his terrible injury he could have gone really far in the game. Oh the memories, it's actually depressing me now thinking about some of the players we had and the quality of football we played at times compared to nowadays.............

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

. Alain Horace still remains my all time favourite Ayr player as it was just a sheer joy watching him with the ball at his feet, I'm still convinced that barring his terrible injury he could have gone really far in the game. Oh the memories, it's actually depressing me now thinking about some of the players we had and the quality of football we played at times compared to nowadays.............

One of my favourites too...

Seem to remember him scoring directly from a corner once (was it at Berwick when we won the league?)

One very injury prone central midfielder available for our next two games - great. Can't see us winning tomorrow .

Neither can I. I’m just glad it’s not a league game and hopefully Geggan is fit for Queens Park.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005950/filing-history

I know this off topic and a Stranraer fan only put it on the SRE page looking for a response but what he said is perfectly clear in the statement in black and white.

We've got £1.3 million pound of debt and managed to lose £270k when we last got promoted, poor business management has led to that. 

And since we're not a 'big club' or have a large mainstream of investors it's hard to see how we're going to get rid of that debt.

And to be blunt to the point if Lachlan Cameron turns round one day and says he isn't writing another cheque for us we're fucked.

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

I know this off topic and a Stranraer fan only put it on the SRE page looking for a response but what he said is perfectly clear in the statement in black and white.

We've got £1.3 million pound of debt and managed to lose £270k when we last got promoted, poor business management has led to that. 

And since we're not a 'big club' or have a large mainstream of investors it's hard to see how we're going to get rid of that debt.

And to be blunt to the point if Lachlan Cameron turns round one day and says he isn't writing another cheque for us we're fucked.

It's pretty much the same situation as it has been for years, most years they make a  loss,  occasionally they make a small profit.  I'm sure there is a property developer out there that would see us ok if Lachlan pulled the plug, but we would be sharing the Dam Park with Whitletts.

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

Just makes you think how much debt some teams will have in scottish football. Would think teams like ayr must have plans in place if the likes of lachlan cameron was to pull the plug. Well a would be asking the question if they didnt if a was you lads. Lool what happened at gretna. Owner took unwell. Unable to write cheques. No plans in place. Next thing they know they are finished. Doubt things would be that bad at ayr but you never know whata round the corner. We only had £35-£40k debt and look what cost cutting we have had to do. 

In all fairness the figures in Scottish football are absolutely nothing in global terms, however I'd say the English are in an entirely different situation. All it takes is a stockmarket crash (which I'd expect in 2018 at some point) and all the Russian, Chinese, American, Indian, Malaysian sugar daddies and Gangsters will be upping sticks and it will be total and utter carnage.

The biggest difference between Scotland and England is that our debts up here are more manageable with regards to community clubs, gaining Loan extensions and paying Tax bills, however the English on the other hand are reliant on TV money and sugar daddies just to keep their clubs afloat and I'm afraid no sort of fan based community club structure has a hope in hell of finding the kind of cash to pay just a tax bill in England.

Personally, I can't wait for that day to come...................

Archived