Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

The development saga will continue for an age. Used to be having played for the boys club...onto YTS and then, if good enough a contract. 

Now with the academy it seems it’s ‘toe in the water’ and wait for something to happen. Happened with the boy McGill a few seasons back ‘Pedro’. Came onto a game under Roberts and then just faded away, then went to Stranraer. It seems players like mcguffie and Forrest are going backwards being not played in their natural positions. Crawford has adapted to this an won’t be an Ayr player next season!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Jeezo it’s now Wednesday and you’re still raging about that.

Literally couldn’t care less if our players were overly physical or dirty.

Oh don’t underestimate me, I’m still pissed off at Bene getting his leg broken and Vaughan getting kicked to f**k in the previous 2 encounters never mind Saturday past shenanigans.

1 minute ago, Scottydog said:

Oh don’t underestimate me, I’m still pissed off at Bene getting his leg broken and Vaughan getting kicked to f**k in the previous 2 encounters never mind Saturday past shenanigans.

Vaughan was too busy hiding to “get kicked to f**k” tbqhwy. 

Aye so you’ve already said but it’s never easy trying to stamp your authority on a game when the opponents are more interested in stamping on you at every given opportunity.

Aye so you’ve already said but it’s never easy trying to stamp your authority on a game when the opponents are more interested in stamping on you at every given opportunity.

Give it a rest m8. We weren’t dirty in the first game and we certainly weren’t dirty at Somerset.

Fact is Vaughan is apparently the best player in the league but apart from 2 free kicks he’s done f**k all in the games against us.

3 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Give it a rest m8. We weren’t dirty in the first game and we certainly weren’t dirty at Somerset.

Fact is Vaughan is apparently the best player in the league but apart from 2 free kicks he’s done f**k all in the games against us.

Aye but Those 2 free kicks have been enough to give us the share of the points between us...

Fine lines n all that..

Aye but Those 2 free kicks have been enough to give us the share of the points between us...
Fine lines n all that..

Absolutely right, you’re top of the table because you’ve managed to grind out results and manage a game while we’ve blown 9 points in the last month.

All I’m saying is I’ve seen Vaughan 3 times now and I didn’t think he stood out at all. I was more impressed with Barr on Saturday and he’s been injured for a while.

As you said though, fine lines.

The development saga will continue for an age. Used to be having played for the boys club...onto YTS and then, if good enough a contract. 
Now with the academy it seems it’s ‘toe in the water’ and wait for something to happen. Happened with the boy McGill a few seasons back ‘Pedro’. Came onto a game under Roberts and then just faded away, then went to Stranraer. It seems players like mcguffie and Forrest are going backwards being not played in their natural positions. Crawford has adapted to this an won’t be an Ayr player next season!

From what I heard McGill thought he was billy big baws after getting into the first team and Roberts wasn’t impressed. He’s done f**k all since so he can’t have been up to much.

Longridge is different considering he was actually decent but after a bad game Roberts tore him to pieces and shattered the boys confidence.

I would say getting the best out of Crawford is the best thing McCall has done in his time at Ayr. Never thought I’d see him again after Roberts froze him out.

6 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Obviously you'd want what you think is best for your son, but it's not really a case of you telling him what you (someone not involved in football/the running of their club, so admittedly not the best judge of what's best your them in this case) think and them accepting it. It's their choice.

When the club or academy stop telling us junior players are going to be the next big thing I'll start giving them a seconds thought.

9 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

He’s going to Stranraer I think.

Hopefully he signs in time to bang a winner against Raith on Saturday.

Is he? He any good? 

On the front about your 20s. We had 7 or 8 players under the age of 20 on the park at the end of the game agaisnt airdrie at the weekend. 3 of the boys were development loans from ross county rangers and hearts. One lad was from our under 20s. So a dont see why ayr cant play more of there under20 lads if they are training full time like some of these lads are. Find it very strange. Would give the lads game time. Understand mccall would say some aint ready but they need to start somewhere or whats the point in having them. Yes we are using them as we had to get rid of players but the boy plaging left back has done nothing worse that liam dick would do and hes now playing championship football for dumbarton. 

7 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Absolutely right, you’re top of the table because you’ve managed to grind out results and manage a game while we’ve blown 9 points in the last month.

All I’m saying is I’ve seen Vaughan 3 times now and I didn’t think he stood out at all. I was more impressed with Barr on Saturday and he’s been injured for a while.

As you said though, fine lines.

Kinda makes McCalls post match rant embarrassing, as you pointed out yourself Ayr have blown 9 points recently and we have grinded the results out who is not acting professional now Mr McCall. Also regarding injuries we have been accused of exaggerating our injury list yet you reckon Barr who impressed you more than Vaughan has missed the roughly the last 4 games along with 3 of our other best players.

At the end of the day Ayr were giving it big licks being top of the league now with a mixture of poor form and an increasing injury list your manager has taken to mud slinging opposing players  when you look at the antics of Adams play acting to get players sent off/ booked who had to be subbed himself  before he was sent off. Think McCall is feeling the pressure big time and really has to look at his own teams ill-discipline/performance before criticising others

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

Kinda makes McCalls post match rant embarrassing, as you pointed out yourself Ayr have blown 9 points recently and we have grinded the results out who is not acting professional now Mr McCall. Also regarding injuries we have been accused of exaggerating our injury list yet you reckon Barr who impressed you more than Vaughan has missed the roughly the last 4 games along with 3 of our other best players.

At the end of the day Ayr were giving it big licks being top of the league now with a mixture of poor form and an increasing injury list your manager has taken to mud slinging opposing players  when you look at the antics of Adams play acting to get players sent off/ booked who had to be subbed himself  before he was sent off. Think McCall is feeling the pressure big time and really has to look at his own teams ill-discipline/performance before criticising others

6am and posting utter drivel about Ayr United on an Ayr United thread. The obsession runs deep with this one. 

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

When the club or academy stop telling us junior players are going to be the next big thing I'll start giving them a seconds thought.

The point is it doesn't really matter what you would think in this hypothetical scenario. The player who's actually at the club day in day out working with the manager is probably better to judge their situation than their dad who is in the stands every second week.

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The point is it doesn't really matter what you would think in this hypothetical scenario. The player who's actually at the club day in day out working with the manager is probably better to judge their situation than their dad who is in the stands every second week.

Of course he will, he'll know he's now 3rd best instead of 2nd best.

Junior players? Think most of our players were from the juniors in the season the arse fell out the club after the Barr era. Remember that? Long time ago......

Dont mind dipping our hand in there, prime example being Moffat.

Tbf I didn’t know the academy wasn’t actually anything to do with the club, self sufficient and Craig Dargo is or was a coach. 

There was a lad a couple of years ago being tipped for the big time, Was it Hawkshaw?? 

From what I hear, McGuffie is going to Annan but he is injured at the moment.

Would seem like a good shout to loan a couple of the younger lads out to. A manager who would be familiar in Murphy and as its not a coo field of a park, a decent playing surface as well.

Of course he will, he'll know he's now 3rd best instead of 2nd best.

I still don't understand what your point is. He's currently seen as 3rd best in his position. It happens. Craig Moore is clearly seen as the 3rd best striker. McCalls job is to get the best 11 on the park that he can, to get us promoted. If Avci is a better keeper than Hart and Ruddy, he should be starting. If he isn't as good as one of them, he shouldn't be starting. It's as simple as that

4 hours ago, basher brash said:

"we have grinded the results out"

"grinded" WTF is that my old pepper pot?

Archived