Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lads, what would happen in the event that it was a playoff final between Dumbarton and ourselves? As far as I’m aware the highest ranking team (in this case Dumbarton) always gets the advantage of being home in the 2nd leg. I’ve checked Wikipedia ( I know) and Dumbarton stadium apparently only holds 2020, I’d imagine we’d take easily 1500 to a second leg final. 
If Dumbarton had a 3 goal lead would you take much more than a couple of hundred?

Lee Miller has left Falkirk, presume he isn't coming here but has anyone heard anything about Mark Kerr, might find out in the Ayrshire Post tomorrow.

Hope we don’t sign Miller, would be absolutely bizarre if we did.

Kerr might be more likely if Docherty is out for the rest of the season.

Given McCalls comments about us having a full squad for the final Raith game would suggest he and Crawford will be back.

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Given McCalls comments about us having a full squad for the final Raith game would suggest he and Crawford will be back.

Someone on the SRE said Crawford is out for the rest of the season but think they were probably talking shite.

Someone on the SRE said Crawford is out for the rest of the season but think they were probably talking shite.

Never saw that but I wouldn’t pay much attention to it.

A win on Saturday and then a money spinning draw could help us get a player or two into the squad.

He then followed that up by saying he was joking and had no idea when Crawford and Docherty would be back. I would be surprised if either were back for the next Raith game.

He then followed that up by saying he was joking and had no idea when Crawford and Docherty would be back. I would be surprised if either were back for the next Raith game.

It’s been so long I can’t even remember why Docherty’s out.

1 hour ago, somerset_lad00 said:

It’s been so long I can’t even remember why Docherty’s out.

According to the post its his groin, having a scan on thurs and if its "gilmours groin" whatever the f**k that is he could be out for the season

According to the post its his groin, having a scan on thurs and if its "gilmours groin" whatever the f**k that is he could be out for the season

Would suggest Bell is every bit as good as him anyway - based on his form this season.

Anything about Crawford? We are much worse off without him.

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Gilmore's groin involves a tear of the adductor muscles, usually high up near the attachment to the public bone. It is sometimes called the Sportsman's Hernia, there is not actually a hernia present. It is common in sports were a great deal of strain is placed on the groin and pelvic area such as soccer.

It is a bloody sore thing I had it and had operation was out for 12 weeks.

I would have thought that would have been picked up a while ago however if not detected early it can just seem to be a deep groin injury.

Archived