Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

Ian McCall is a complete imposter. There seems to be a deluded view within Scottish Football that he’s too good for our club etc which is total bollocks. The guy is useless, his substitutions are just plain weird at times and his tactics are non-existent. The quicker he’s removed from his position as Ayr United manager the better however I can’t see that happening for a while as he’s Lachlans puppet. 

Ouch .

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ian McCall is a complete imposter. There seems to be a deluded view within Scottish Football that he’s too good for our club etc which is total bollocks. The guy is useless, his substitutions are just plain weird at times and his tactics are non-existent. The quicker he’s removed from his position as Ayr United manager the better however I can’t see that happening for a while as he’s Lachlans puppet. 

Did he take a shite in your kettle?  

Remember where the club were three seasons ago.

The atmosphere at Somerset is atrocious. Could be 5-nil up and somebody would find some pish to moan about. There’s no clear medium apparently... either it’s “happy clapping” or “doomsayers” on the terracing. We score and sometimes it does actually feel like someone took a shit in yer kettle. 

I don’t have the answers to rectify it,  don’t think anyone with a PhD in football fan psychology would (don’t think there’s such a thing but sounded good). Get behind the team and support them! 

6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Couldn't agree more.  He did an interview in a national newspaper before Christmas saying he hadn't decided yet whether he would stay as manager next season.  Sick and tired of the whole "I've no ambitions left in football" routine,  I think you're right - he thinks he's too good for us and seems detached whether we win, lose or draw.  

8 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Teams are not sitting in against us. QP and Albion are 2 prime examples. They came to Somerset and attacked from the 1st minute. Both managing 2 goals, again it was our ability to outscore them that seen us over the line. Forfar I will agree did for a proportion of the game. I just don’t believe our players enjoy playing at Somerset for various reasons and that couples with fans not bothering with going for similar reasons whether folk like to believe it or not.

I for one hope Ruddy does well for us, but I just know as soon as he makes a mistake (I’m more than positive he will make a mistake before the season ends, all keepers do) he doesn’t receive the same levels of abuse other players like Hart, McGuffie etc get from the terraces.

Outscoring teams? We are the top scorers in the division by quite a bit. Would be interested to know how many away games Airdrie, Queens Park, Alloa and Forfar manage to score one goal let alone two or more. Surely it’s not unreasonable to expect a team at home to grind out a 1-0 which we can’t even manage. Whether it’s the keeper or defence our ability to leak a goal from nothing is ridiculous this season. Against most of the above teams we have taken the lead or dominated for large spells with goalie/defence having less to do as you would expect from a top two side playing at home. The abuse from fans arguement is a sideshow whilst your other point about having no system is closer to the truth. Its the uncertainty, calamity, softness and panic whilst defending that’s cost us this season. 

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You are being linked with taking Mark Kerr and Lee Miller on loan from us until end of season.

Mark Kerr would be decent but can't see Miller as we already have three strikers. 

Not sure where the money would come for this cause we've got nothing left apparently.

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You are being linked with taking Mark Kerr and Lee Miller on loan from us until end of season.

Would either do a job? Can’t see us being interested in Leee Miller though as all 3 of our strikers are doing well. Craig Moore has scored 19 goals and can’t even get in the team. 

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Mark Kerr would be decent but can't see Miller as we already have three strikers. 

Not sure where the money would come for this cause we've got nothing left apparently.

You’d like to think given our injury crisis that the board have loosened their purse strings. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Would either do a job? Can’t see us being interested in Leee Miller though as all 3 of our strikers are doing well. Craig Moore has scored 19 goals and can’t even get in the team. 

You’d like to think given our injury crisis that the board have loosened their purse strings. 

Very true plus Kerr hasn't been in the team the last couple of games for them and must still be doing not too bad even at 35.

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Kerr would bring composure for sure at that level.

I think Miller would be more an impact sub but if you have an impact sub with 19 goals you don't need him unless you don't have a target man.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Maybe a lot of nonsense then mate.

Just what I had heard.

I could see why it could happen cause we're down to the bare bones for midfielders and they all seem to be out long term.

Archived