Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

2 hours ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Neither can we then.

I probably should have elaborated. The deal was all but done to the point we released a press article saying we'd be signing someone. Fast forward a few days and the deal was scrapped when it came to light we had to fork out X amount of £'s on medical bills for McHattie and Cuthbert to have operations.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least he's bigger than Hart,  6ft 4in and 13 stone apparently.  But very young (20) and inexperienced. 

Lost 14 goals in 5 first team appearances on loan to Oldham.  No idea what their defence is like, but can 't be great as their losing almost 2 a game on average over the season. 

Wolves seemed happy with his loan spell and extended his contract when he came back, which I suppose is  a good sign.

Some of the opinions on the Facebook page about this are hilarious.

"Why don't we play our own twenty year olds." Ehm I bekieve the point is that some twenty year olds are far better than others.

"Should have signed Rab Douglas." Aye let's just get an old as f**k guy to play just so we can get some "experience."

The boy has five starts in league one in England, which ultimately means nothing but is miles ahead of what we are currently playing in.

If true any competition on the goalkeeping position is welcomed. In my humble opinion he can’t be any worse than Hart.

He absolutely could be worse, not that I think Hart is that bad, but it would seem strange to chuck him straight in for Saturday. Perhaps Wolves are paying his full wages given our financial situation, if that's the case then there's no harm in having the extra option.

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Has he definitely signed? There is nothing on the official sites

No but the Daily Rangers have the 'exclusive' story, if true i would expect it to be announced tomorrow morning or early afternoon.

Not sure it’s who we need , I would have preferred experience, but he is coming from a good established club and could be the spark to get us going again ,as like many others I don’t have any great confidence in Hart 

Feel a bit sorry for hart couple mistakes and now back on the bench by the looks of things .confidence must be really low now .

Yup, but that's football unfortunately.

Get Avci out on loan and we can see if he is up to it at senior level.

11 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Feel a bit sorry for hart couple mistakes and now back on the bench by the looks of things .confidence must be really low now .

Couple of mistakes *per game*.

Archived