Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I see there's been a complaint made against us regarding announcing the team against Banks O'Dee. McDaid apparently wasn't listed on the bench on the team sheet. Hopefully just a mistake from them and not from us, would be extremely disappointing to get booted out with a winnable tie to get into the last 16 in the next round.

Think the punishment varies from a fine to a rematch, not as far as getting booted out.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think teams have been kicked out as well, although that might have been for playing an ineligible player rather than a mistake on team sheet.

Funnily enough AU Media didnt have him listed as a sub in their lineup, they had us 1 player short.

Absolutely incredible if we have managed to submit a team sheet a player short and nobody noticed though.

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Think teams have been kicked out as well, although that might have been for playing an ineligible player rather than a mistake on team sheet.

Funnily enough AU Media didnt have him listed as a sub in their lineup, they had us 1 player short.

Absolutely incredible if we have managed to submit a team sheet a player short and nobody noticed though.

Yeah I was thinking if for some reason we had not put him on the official teamsheet given to the ref then he would technically be ineligible? Not entirely sure on the rules on that?

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

is anyone really surprised by this?  The amount of times we've managed to make mistakes with team-line ups on twitter is mental.

We really are a shambles off the pitch.

Fairly confident the Official twitter account hasn't tweeted out an incorrect team-line all season, save for a typo or two, but happy to be corrected.

46 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

AP saying that Shankland and Ferguson are close to signing deals to the end of the season.

I’d completely forgotten Ferguson only signed a 6 month deal at the start of the season.

Great news on both.

Like how the club still haven't realised a statement about this SFA hearing after the Daily Record and BBC have picked it up. 

I know it's probably only going to be a fine but would still be good if they let their supporters know what was going on for sure.

Archived