Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Raith Rovers through to the next round of the Irn-Bru cup after beating St Mirren so our home league match against Raith on Sat 11th Nov will be changed to a Tuesday night.

PISH, league should always get priority of any mickey-mouse cup, understandable if it was the Scottish Cup but not for that waste of time competition.

Pleased with this as it now means I can go to the Scotland v Samoa game. 

Give Devlin some caps.

If we actually had a manager that looked beyond the tried and tested shite and started looking at other Scottish players that are playing consistently well week in week out for there clubs then he might get considered.

Unfortunately most of the players that are playing well consistently are the ones in Scotland and everyone thinks the game up here is shit.

If we actually had a manager that looked beyond the tried and tested shite and started looking at other Scottish players that are playing consistently well week in week out for there clubs then he might get considered.

Unfortunately most of the players that are playing well consistently are the ones in Scotland and everyone thinks the game up here is shit.

The game up here isn't that bad. It's just ran by incompetents.

The game up here isn't that bad. It's just ran by incompetents.

It’s a misconception started by people down south and people have started believing it.

The whole football setup in the country needs changing.

4 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

It’s a misconception started by people down south and people have started believing it.

The whole football setup in the country needs changing.

For starters we need someone who is willing to give talented young Scottish players a chance. There's no reason why the likes of John McGinn, Kenny McLean, Jason Cummings, Callum McGregor etc shouldn't get game time if they're on form at club level, but we have a National Team manager who would rather pick absolute diddies like Steven Fletcher, Grant Hanley and James McArthur.

Pish. Look at who pumps our teams out of Europe. Our league is utter dross.

Yeah I suppose it doesn’t help things when one of our teams gets beat by part timers from Luxembourg.

However I don’t think the Premiership is as bad as the pub league standard it’s described as. There’s definitely footballers playing in the Premiership that are more deserving of a shot than the usual crap from the Championship in England.

It's got nothing to do with anyone talking the league down. It's simply to do with the standard of teams we have, and the evidence is there every July/August when our second and third best sides are routinely despatched by haddies.

It's got nothing to do with anyone talking the league down. It's simply to do with the standard of teams we have, and the evidence is there every July/August when our second and third best sides are routinely despatched by haddies.

I agree that teams like Aberdeen and St Johnstone aren’t performing well in Europe but there are individuals playing in Scotland that should be given a chance in the national team.

Guys like Kenny McLean, Graeme Shinnie, Calum McGregor, John McGinn and Ryan Christie should be given more of a chance than James McArthur or Barry Bannan.

13 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I agree that teams like Aberdeen and St Johnstone aren’t performing well in Europe but there are individuals playing in Scotland that should be given a chance in the national team.

Guys like Kenny McLean, Graeme Shinnie, Calum McGregor, John McGinn and Ryan Christie should be given more of a chance than James McArthur or Barry Bannan.

Is that because you see them more on Sportscene or are more likely to read about them on the back page of the daily record? If Bannan or McArthur came back to the pub league they’d absolutely piss it and be standouts.  I expect some of the players you’ve mentioned to move down south and eventually take  their Scotland place as they develop. Bottom line is that football is ruthless and money talks so there is a reason McArthur and Bannan will earn more than these guys combined. 

Get this shite into the Tartan Army Ramblings where it belongs.
Moore, Crawford and Forrest start tonight for our u20's v East Kilbride 

Good chance to improve fitness but I think Crawford is the only one out of the three that should start if fit.

By the way is our game against Raith straight after their cup game with Dumbarton or has a date to be decided?

1 hour ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Good chance to improve fitness but I think Crawford is the only one out of the three that should start if fit.

By the way is our game against Raith straight after their cup game with Dumbarton or has a date to be decided?

To be decided as far as i know but presume it will be Tues 14th November

Don't know if it's been posted already but the accounts for the year ended 30/6/2016 have been published.  A quick scan shows the club lost £281, 348 in their promotion winning  season, about £95,000 more than they lost in the previous  season. Wages for 30 playing staff and 11 Admin and support staff  was £644,369; £206,545 more than the previous season, but there were 6 more players on the books for the 15/16 season; these figures means that the  wages to turnover ratio for 15/16 is a whopping 93% up from 85% the previous year. The Club has also been named as a defender in an action for loss of wages by a former employee, any idea who that would be?

Archived