Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Shankland probably had his best game today, some of his hold up play was superb, if we had him on this form last year and not Gary Honkins (probably my shitest patter on here, sorry) we'd have stayed up.

Don't kid yourself.

Murphy had a great chance toward the end their where he chose to square it for Moff (I think) when the better option was probably to take it himself, would had liked to see one of the young ones get a goal. Shankland had a similar chance a few minutes earlier when he also squared it to Moff (trying to get him his ton?) which was a bit surprising as I'd have bet money he'd have taken it himself.

Two consecutive clean sheets, a fortnight off to let players recover from injury.

Two games at home out of three in October. The other being an away trip to the current bottom side. I'd be hopeful of taking all nine points on offer and see where that leaves us come November.

That'll do for me.

Moore and Adams seem to be permanently injured which has been a common trend for last two years. One or two others also prone to picking up injuries.  Currently don't see any of the youth players being ready to step up either. If we want to keep up with Raith over the season then we need another player or two signed to raise the quality on our bench.

Raith Rovers through to the next round of the Irn-Bru cup after beating St Mirren so our home league match against Raith on Sat 11th Nov will be changed to a Tuesday night.

PISH, league should always get priority of any mickey-mouse cup, understandable if it was the Scottish Cup but not for that waste of time competition.

Archived