Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got stuck into Reid and McCall numerous times on here, not really interested who was better but McCall's side have the makings of a really good team, we'll just have to hope he manages to find the ,right players and or set up to finish the job, was hoping our injury list would see us stumbling on a set up or youngsters to make a difference, not much difference so far .

8 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

We have lost two games in league .we are second and 6 points behind raith with about 30 games to play .chill out brothers .
That raith mob will have bad days also .plus we beat killie who cares about anything else .

So you'd class beating Killie and failure to get promoted as a successful season? 

So you'd class beating Killie and failure to get promoted as a successful season? 

No but that can't be judged for another few months.

The only concern I've got is that the teams that are in the playoffs to come down are Falkirk and Inverness. Now they might not be in great form but over two games I'd fancy them to beat us.

8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

giphy.gif

Somerset Road End is like a collection of all the worst ideas Ayr fans have lumped in together.  

How you could pay attention to football in Scotland and think Hughes is anything other than rancid is completely beyond me. 

That said, the guy playing the martyr card becauae someone disagreed with him a couple weeks ago over savaging Hart is a good read, every post is fucking beelin'. 

Please get Yogi in guys, he will completely transform your standing in the League, promise you he will.

7 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Please get Yogi in guys, he will completely transform your standing in the League, promise you he will.

Alright Wee Stauner, it's no happening summer doon eh

Just now, 1nickydevlin said:

Nb sauny

As Wullie McNaught said elsewhere we, Raith, were  very optimistic when we got rid of Gary F Locke and Hughes was appointed.

Boy, what a let down, Hughes tore the heart out of an already dejected team.

Strange thing is, that team was pretty much the same , give at take a few changes, from the one that missed out on promotion to the Premier the season before under McKinnon!

Make of that what you will!!

Thankfully we punted Hughes and now have Barry Smith....there lies the main difference this season.

Yes, it's also the same Brian Reid who got us promoted twice and took us to a national cup semi final. 

Reid took us up via the playoffs twice, there's every chance McCall will do the same. Someone mentioned ICT or Falkirk being in the playoffs - its 6 games in. The odds are stacked in favour of Brechin and Dumbarton being bottom 2 in that league.

Some of the stuff on here is utter drivel at times (not necessarily directed at the quoted post btw).

I think we have got the makings of a right good team this season from the games i've been at. Would be nice to win the league, but hearing someone say if we were 9 points off the top at Christmas (could easily be miles clear in 2nd) and folk are talking about ripping up and starting again? Gies peace.

The target this season HAS to be promotion. If at any stage that is looking unlikely then his place should be under threat. Until then I wish folk would just get behind the team tbh as we have a great chance of going up and hopefully then being full time giving us a good chance of staying there.

6 minutes ago, Hursty said:

The target this season HAS to be promotion. If at any stage that is looking unlikely then his place should be under threat.

Agreed. I think there has been some good stuff this season. Going full time and staying in this league would not add up.

Reid took us up via the playoffs twice, there's every chance McCall will do the same. Someone mentioned ICT or Falkirk being in the playoffs - its 6 games in. The odds are stacked in favour of Brechin and Dumbarton being bottom 2 in that league.

Some of the stuff on here is utter drivel at times (not necessarily directed at the quoted post btw).

I think we have got the makings of a right good team this season from the games i've been at. Would be nice to win the league, but hearing someone say if we were 9 points off the top at Christmas (could easily be miles clear in 2nd) and folk are talking about ripping up and starting again? Gies peace.

The target this season HAS to be promotion. If at any stage that is looking unlikely then his place should be under threat. Until then I wish folk would just get behind the team tbh as we have a great chance of going up and hopefully then being full time giving us a good chance of staying there.

Nah, McCall said the target was to win the league so that's the target. If all McCall can manage is miles off first place as a full time team then I wouldn't have any hope of avoiding relegation if we manage to get promoted through the playoffs.

Our football WAS brilliant. We've resorted to long ball pish and it's not working

Archived