Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Too early for Mccall to be under any pressure. 6 points at this stage of the season isn't any real gap at all, one set of results can shake things right up.

It's not just this seaon he should be judged on, last season was complete and utter dug meat from start to finish.

46 wins in 125 league and cup games with most of that being in league 1 is not progress. Half of the wins coming the last time we were in league 1 and had the second biggest budget in the league.

Can I ask in your opinion what progress has been made? Remembering the off field stuff has nothing to do with McCall.

If by "off field stuff" you are referring to going full time then he did have a part in that. He was the one that had to convince Cameron to go full time and recognised that for us to have any chance of staying in the Championship beyond one season then we'd have to go full time.

If by "off field stuff" you are referring to going full time then he did have a part in that. He was the one that had to convince Cameron to go full time and recognised that for us to have any chance of staying in the Championship beyond one season then we'd have to go full time.

Pretty sure Cameron offered to go full time after we beat Stranraer to go up, and McCall knocked it back.

We've made no progress at all in the last 2 years. He's an improvement on Roberts and that's about it.

He's the reason we weren't full time last year [emoji23][emoji23].I guess it was his idea to bring the hospitality and shop back in to the clubs hands too.
The club where always aiming to go full time when the contracts to the external contractors was up.

In terms of being full time, I was looking at the Q & A Lachlan did back in May on the SRE FB, and the only bit he referred to about it was this " Full Time has been the discussion for most of the last year and beyond. I would love to commit to full time football, and Ian is laying out his case for that, but at this time it is not confirmed one way or the other unfortunately. "

Lachlan also got fairly battered into old Khalil at one point, which I hadn't seen before.

46 wins in 125 league and cup games with most of that being in league 1 is not progress. Half of the wins coming the last time we were in league 1 and had the second biggest budget in the league.

Can I ask in your opinion what progress has been made? Remembering the off field stuff has nothing to do with McCall.

So are you trying to say you think we are the exact same as we were under roberts?

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I would give McCall until Christmas - to be within nine points of Raith. Otherwise he can go.

It's been discussed many times before but I would suggest Reid was definitely a better manager for us, so far anyway.

Reid was a far superior manager to McCall. This simply can't be disputed. 

McCall is a slight improvement on Roberts, nothing more. 

12 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Is that the same Brian Reid that made a complete arse out of Stranraer? Never was and never will be a football manager.

Yes, it's also the same Brian Reid who got us promoted twice and took us to a national cup semi final. 

Archived