Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

21 hours ago, Ayrfan1910 said:

I'm thinking about buying a drum for the games , any suggestions ?

20 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Go for it mate.  Need something and fast.  Ragazzi was born out of likeminded fans bored shitless with the lack of atmosphere at home games .  Something needs to be done pronto.

A drum? They have been brutal listens at every Ayr game I've been at when the opposition have one going. Was it away to Hibs this season the home support had a drum going. I'm normally in a different part of the ground to the majority of Ayr fans so maybe it sounds better/has a better effect locally. I'm still delighted when they stop though. It's also a pain to have to lug anything to and from games, but then I'm a lazy get.

Thought there was more singing from the home end on Saturday than there has been in a while... which was nice.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been looking at the table and i'm actually quite shocked and didn't realise we had conceded so many goals...

Only Albion Rovers, Queens Park and Forfar have conceded more, rather concerning and needs to be addressed quickly, would help by having a regular back 4.

35 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Tell me a better guy for the job ?

Just because you disagree or criticise something McCall has said or done, doesn't automatically mean  you want him to get the chop. Some want him gone, some don't. Personally, I'm in the latter as I think it's far too early in the season to be making that kind of decision, and it's something best suited to be discussed at around Xmas time at earliest, if at all, because we all know Lachlan, barring some catastrophic meltdown, is going to stick with him for the duration of the season, so in many ways it's a pointless discussion anyways. That said, Gav's point is a perfectly valid criticism to bring up and discuss, and while I'm not "McCall out", I'm not going to ignore something he says/does that i disagree with, but that doesn't mean I want him gone.

Defender Ben Gordon has left East Fife to sign for Raith Rovers apparently, believe that was a target McCall had in the summer.

Think I heard that as well. He signed for East Fife because he'd played with Darren Young but East Fife fans didn't seem to think he was that great.

Your wife cheats on you but you don't divorce her because you've no one else lined up???

An employee at work isn't doing their job correctly and is bringing the company in down, Hold on to him or get rid and advertise for a new employee?

And so on

Although this is football and we are only 6 games into the season, meaning this post has no correlation whatsoever to the current situation

Progress has been made in that time so fairly ridiculous to say "the employee is bringing the company down"

46 wins in 125 league and cup games with most of that being in league 1 is not progress. Half of the wins coming the last time we were in league 1 and had the second biggest budget in the league.

Can I ask in your opinion what progress has been made? Remembering the off field stuff has nothing to do with McCall.

18 hours ago, rb123! said:

The amount of people that are banging on about John Hughes on SRE is unbelievable, think their heads must be in the clouds.

A manager which would take us backwards and made no improvement at Raith Rovers and if anything made them worse and most likely lost the dressing room aswell.

In my opinion McCall is the right man at the moment however if by December we're not second at least he should go.

giphy.gif

Somerset Road End is like a collection of all the worst ideas Ayr fans have lumped in together.  

How you could pay attention to football in Scotland and think Hughes is anything other than rancid is completely beyond me. 

That said, the guy playing the martyr card becauae someone disagreed with him a couple weeks ago over savaging Hart is a good read, every post is fucking beelin'. 

Archived