Higgins

Boyle

McDaid

Docherty

Adams

McGuffie

Moffat

Shankland

Shankland should be in ahead of Moore just now as he's on a goal scoring run and Moore has just come back from an injury. Play Shankland and Moff and then bring Moore on for one of them for the last 20 minutes.

I can see us playing two of  Moore, Moffat and Shankland with one of the three coming off the bench regularly. If we play all 3  in a 4-3-3 formation that would mean not starting McDaid who has been one of our best players so far this season.

Shankland is on form so should definitely start as one of the two strikers.

29 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Nope - we should play two out of the three IMO.

Shoehorning players in just ends in disaster. Our full backs aren't able to provide any width by themselves so don't think playing a 4-3-3 would work very well.

Lawrence Shankland this morning penned a deal until January with the Honest Men.

Manager Ian McCall said ” We may have quite a few injuries for tomorrow however this is not a signing that is down to the injuries. I have said for some time I was looking for another attacking player. Lawrence is a boy I’ve tried to sign 3 times previously. He is a goal scorer and just needs to find his way again. There is no doubting he has ability he just needs some game time. This also means there is potential for Moffat Moore and Shankland all to play together.”

Chris Higgins has signed a one year extension to his current deal keeping him at Somerset Park to the Summer of 2019. Manager Ian McCall has been delighted with what he has seen so far from the ex Queen of the South captain and wanted the deal done as quickly as possible.

I think all 3 are very different players and could play all 3 at the same time
I don't think Moore or Moffat would have scored the 2 Shankland got on Saturday because they wouldn't have been in the position Shankland was, I think we could play all 3 and they wouldn't get in each other's way

Anyone else noticed that Ian McCall keeps moving the goalposts?
Last December he said finishing 8th in the Championship wouldn’t be good enough for Ayr United. We were sitting 9th in the Championship at the time.
The team were all but mathematically relegated after losing to Hibs at home. McCall came out and stated the players that remain must go and give absolutely everything to go and win a league title.
The following week when officially relegated he came out and said we might be better off in League One.
The managers aim for this season was to win the league and rightly so!
At the weekend, just there he’s now saying, we’re here to finish in the top two.
If the form remains poor will the gaffer just come out and say the aim is the top four?
At least he’s not recently said remember where we were two/three years ago!!

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think all 3 are very different players and could play all 3 at the same time
I don't think Moore or Moffat would have scored the 2 Shankland got on Saturday because they wouldn't have been in the position Shankland was, I think we could play all 3 and they wouldn't get in each other's way

I have no doubt's that they could play in the team together, my only worry is habing to sacrificie McDaid.

2 minutes ago, GavMan_AUFC_1910 said:

Anyone else noticed that Ian McCall keeps moving the goalposts?
Last December he said finishing 8th in the Championship wouldn’t be good enough for Ayr United. We were sitting 9th in the Championship at the time.
The team were all but mathematically relegated after losing to Hibs at home. McCall came out and stated the players that remain must go and give absolutely everything to go and win a league title.
The following week when officially relegated he came out and said we might be better off in League One.
The managers aim for this season was to win the league and rightly so!
At the weekend, just there he’s now saying, we’re here to finish in the top two.

If the form remains poor will the gaffer just come out and say the aim is the top four?
At least he’s not recently said remember where we were two/three years ago!!

I noticed that in the interview but avoided mentioning it for the inevitable "why do you hate McCall" rhetoric which would have followed.

Why do you hate McCall?

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I noticed that in the interview but avoided mentioning it for the inevitable "why do you hate McCall" rhetoric which would have followed.

Why do you hate McCall?

Is this question just aimed at Gav or can we all have a go at bashing McCall?

13 minutes ago, GavMan_AUFC_1910 said:

Yeah! Am I even allowed to post that? Maybe I should have phoned the club to ask for permission! emoji85.png
The official Ayr United twitter blocked me the other day! emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Keep that up and you'll be allowed round at the halfway line for both halves.

The amount of people that are banging on about John Hughes on SRE is unbelievable, think their heads must be in the clouds.

A manager which would take us backwards and made no improvement at Raith Rovers and if anything made them worse and most likely lost the dressing room aswell.

In my opinion McCall is the right man at the moment however if by December we're not second at least he should go.

Archived