Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had some auld dicks next to me trying to blame everything on Jordan yesterday :lol:

The guy behind me went through a routine of - shouting as a ball was making its way to McGuffie "oh f**k, don't gee it to him" then Shouting abuse at him every time he gave the ball away.
Once he was subbed he gave an ironic cheer then said to the guy next to him "he's lost all confidence recently, he's no the same player"

Aye...wonder why

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The guy behind me went through a routine of - shouting as a ball was making its way to McGuffie "oh f**k, don't gee it to him" then Shouting abuse at him every time he gave the ball away.
Once he was subbed he gave an ironic cheer then said to the guy next to him "he's lost all confidence recently, he's no the same player"

Aye...wonder why

The guys behind me, next to me, and in front of me, never shouted any abuse at the players.

It's a good sign that McGuffie has enough belief in his own ability to keep trying to take players on even when it's not coming off for him. On a different week more of those fine margins will tip in his favour and the same people who were moaning at him yesterday will be hailing him as a genius.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

What's the injury situation for next week?

Is it just Crawford that's out or is Moore, Boyle etc not back yet?

Moore, Boyle, Forrest have a chance for next Saturday according to the Alloa preview. Higgins is back from suspension. But there's next weeks training to go yet so who knows what's in store.

5 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Aye...wonder why

Think I must have been standing beside you, had the exact same. One guy just screamed "FUUUUUCK SAAAAAKE" every time the ball went near him and he wasn't able to skin 3 players and put it top bag.

44 minutes ago, Ayrfan1910 said:

I'm thinking about buying a drum for the games , any suggestions ?

Go for it mate.  Need something and fast.  Ragazzi was born out of likeminded fans bored shitless with the lack of atmosphere at home games .  Something needs to be done pronto.

Will be interesting to see what McCall does regarding the striker situation when Moore returns. Shankland has been very good since signing with 3 goals in 2 games and should only get better with more game time while Moore is a very, very good striker at this level and Moffat is just terrific. The most likely formation IMO is 4-3-1-2 with a midfield 3 of Geggan/Crawford, Docherty and Adams with Moffat behind Shankland and Moore. This is extremely harsh on Declan McDaid who has been really good this season and who I'm a big fan of but I can’t think of any way to accommodate him as well as the 3 forwards

Archived