Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Growl3th said:

Hart showed total disrespect to his teammates, the opposition and his own fans at the end of the game.  Simply walked off, straight down the tunnel. 

Poor show.

Given the abuse he was getting from his team mates, I would have done the same.

An 'auld heid' should have gone to him after losing each goal to encourage him, sadly/thankfully no one did.

Just watched the highlights and it's safe to say we got mugged off.

1. The performance looked very good and much better than theirs

2. Could have easily scored 3/4 goals

3. Raith Rovers never deserved to win that game and only really created 2 chances, which they both scored

4. Hart was horrendous and has made 2 amateur mistakes which have lost us the game, will need to do much better next week to get back supporters confidence in him

5. When Moffatt was fouled in the box at 2-1 and the penalty was given the ref made the right decision, however it looks to me like he was just onside so penalty should have stood and their player would have been sent off, game-changer

6. Higgins red card is probably very unfair and can't be appealed since it's a second yellow. There is a very minimal amount of contact at one stage which i could see why he's been sent off for but the Raith Rovers player certainly gets 10/10 for a Tom Daley impersonation.

3. Raith Rovers never deserved to win that game and only really created 2 chances, which they both scored
4. Hart was horrendous and has made 2 amateur mistakes which have lost us the game, will need to do much better next week to get back supporters confidence in him
5. When Moffatt was fouled in the box at 2-1 and the penalty was given the ref made the right decision, however it looks to me like he was just onside so penalty should have stood and their player would have been sent off, game-changer
6. Higgins red card is probably very unfair and can't be appealed since it's a second yellow. There is a very minimal amount of contact at one stage which i could see why he's been sent off for but the Raith Rovers player certainly gets 10/10 for a Tom Daley impersonation.

You were crying whilst you were typing that, weren't you? What a fucking mess to get yourself into [emoji23]

Teehee

Just now, Iain said:

Our first team has to be used for developing players, unless you think they pop out of the academy fully formed.

Even the premier league champions develop under-ready players in their first team. Look at the difference Kieren Tierney makes for Scotland now compared to how he played when he first got a chance at Celtic a few years ago.

Young players still need to perform to some kind of acceptable level.  If they make mistakes along the way, a manager makes a judgement as to whether it's worth persevering with them if justified by their all round performance.  Tierney looked good from the moment he stepped up to the Celtic first team.  The simple truth in football is that the overwhelming majority of young players don't make the grade.  All the first team football in the world isn't going to change that.  I heard an interview with the Hamilton chairman who stated that they operate a youth policy whereby if you haven't established yourself in the Accies 1st team by the age of 17, then you get punted.  Exceptions might be made if the player has been injured, but basically their policy is perform or go.  It seems ruthless to me, but their record of producing young talent in recent years is outstanding.  Most elite sports operate the same way.  

1. I'd rather play poor and win than play well and lose but each to their own.

2. You only scored 1 though.

3. We did deserve to win that game based on the fact we managed to hit the back of the net more than you.

4. No problem with that comment so as you were.

5. He was definitely offside although even if he was onside and the penalty was awarded, why would their be a red card involved..? Double punishment for the same crime..? No longer exists anymore..

6. Higgins got exactly what he deserved. Their was contact, which was probably enough to put Zanatta off, he should have went down at the point of contact though and we wouldn't be having this debate. His challenge on Spence out on the wing should have been a straight red. It wasn't though. I'm more than happy for the ref to have given him 2 yellows for that tackle though to make sure their is no appeal.

Ayr fans really are taking this hard though, aren't you? You would think you'd be used to it by now :lol:

Barr missed a sitter at 2-1, we hit the post and forced the keeper into a save first half, that's 3 chances straight away. 
Absolute seeth.

Not to mention Herron's 'chance' at 0-0 as well, when the ball hit him and ran through to the keeper. If he was ready for it, that would have been another.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

1usc7k.jpg

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

When Moffatt was fouled in the box at 2-1 and the penalty was given the ref made the right decision, however it looks to me like he was just onside so penalty should have stood and their player would have been sent off, game-changer

First pic shows Moffat offside when the shot is hit and second shows Moffat still offside when the ball comes out from Smith's save.

Capture5.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Definitely offside.

0166cc0f7c71827ce73bcf8514732611.jpg

51a3a834458bf0e6b2b5521c3786610f.jpg

No doubt the goalkeeper cost us the game. Let's hope the boys bounce back next week and we have most of our injured players in the team. McCall has a huge call to make if Hart has another howler. Has anybody seen Avci play, could he come in and perform?

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

giphy.gif

Got to laugh at all the trolling Raith fans, running around this forum, slagging everyone off for a differing opinion other than they won at a canter, we are all raging Ayr fans, hatchet men, lost the league already etc etc etc.

What a total bunch of fannies you all are, with 1 maybe 2 exceptions, you know who you are.

I mean really, REALLY?

You are all making a complete and utter c**t of yourselves.

What a mess.

I think you've all been raped by virginton, his sickness is definitely in you.

Now go and settle down, enjoy your win, and try and not to get too carried away.

Now, now, off you go.

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Got to laugh at all the trolling Raith fans, running around this forum, slagging everyone off for a differing opinion other than they won at a canter, we are all raging Ayr fans, hatchet men, lost the league already etc etc etc.

What a total bunch of fannies you all are, with 1 maybe 2 exceptions, you know who you are.

I mean really, REALLY?

You are all making a complete and utter c**t of yourselves.

What a mess.

I think you've all been raped by virginton, his sickness is definitely in you.

Now go and settle down, enjoy your win, and try and not to get too carried away.

Now, now, off you go.

You seem a little upset?

See this has turned into the Raith Rovers forum.

My own opinions and thoughts about the game were for fellow Ayr supporters to see since this is an Ayr forum after all and i do apologise if i couldn't get my facts 100% right for the gloating Raith supporters who seem to forget that they were crying their eyes out only around 4 months ago when they got beaten by Brechin in the play-off.

Archived