Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from the game, I felt we played very well and dominated the full match if I'm honest, they scored 2 goals from 2 shots which hart should save comfortably, but everyone makes mistakes so hopefully he bounces back. Good team performance from us, just need to be more clinical

McCall said he was 'happy and proud' of the performance today in the circumstances with injuries however he admits the goalie has made the two mistakes which cost us but at the same time feels we could have finished some other chances to give us the chances of a point at least.

Wasnt convinced by Harts performances so far but today proved we've got a problem there. At the very least we need someone to provide genuine competition to improve and make him work his way back after poor performances. Higgins looming suspension also throws up further questions as he holds it together to an extent. Our defenders played well today but are still liable to leak goals from nowhere and a suspect goalie backing them up.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

McCall said he was 'happy and proud' of the performance today in the circumstances with injuries however he admits the goalie has made the two mistakes which cost us but at the same time feels we could have finished some other chances to give us the chances of a point at least.

Would agree with most of that however one of those attempted saves would be classed as a disaster nevermind two happening in the same game. It's going to be difficult to stay the course if we just throw away goals so easily. 

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Fair summary of the game imo.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

We are in an Ally Brown situation, now lumbered with a comedy goalkeeper for the season playing for a play-off place. Unless we sign at the very least, a competent goalkeeper then we have no hope of winning this league. 

3 clangers in 2 league games, any semi competent opponent will be shooting on sight against him, he's nearing the "worst goalie I've seen in an Ayr strip" stage and the season's barely started.

No doubt we'll be scrambling about in late January looking for a keeper to save our season.

3 clangers in 2 league games, any semi competent opponent will be shooting on sight against him, he's nearing the "worst goalie I've seen in an Ayr strip" stage and the season's barely started.
No doubt we'll be scrambling about in late January looking for a keeper to save our season.

This was always a massive gamble by McCall. I felt that losing Fleming might come back to haunt him.

Hart had a decent pedigree and played a full season, doing quite well for Annan and was signed as competition for Fleming. So signing him wasn't the massive gamble

Its been pretty obvious all season that he wasn't as good as Fleming and the gamble has been whether or not he is likely to make howlers and today he answered that one, I remember Castilla and Finnbogason making the odd howler but they looked good outwith those, Hart doesn't even do that

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

We are in an Ally Brown situation, now lumbered with a comedy goalkeeper

Nope.

Its been pretty obvious all season that he wasn't as good as Fleming

Nope.

Hart had a decent pedigree and played a full season, doing quite well for Annan and was signed as competition for Fleming. So signing him wasn't the massive gamble

I remember Castilla and Finnbogason making the odd howler but they looked good outwith those, Hart doesn't even do that

Deary me.

Hart will improve, I have absolutely no doubts about that.

He's only 21 which is extremely young to be a first choice goalkeeper.

I don't think getting a goalie in right now is the best thing to do. If he's still struggling later on then maybe but to label him as one of our worst goalkeepers is absolutely laughable.

Archived