Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole team was pretty poor for that game and as I said he's a solid enough defender for this league.

Luckily we won't be coming up against teams of Hibernians quality in this league.

Obviously if he continues making errors McCall might look into it but for next week at home I think Rose and Higgins will be our CB pairing with Geggan and Boyle on either side of them.

Not the quality he was facing it was every time he got the ball he was very uncomposed and launched it up the park result in the Hibs player winning the header due Moores and Moffats height . I do agree with Rose playing CB looks very sharp

Not the quality he was facing it was every time he got the ball he was very uncomposed and launched it up the park result in the Hibs player winning the header due Moores and Moffats height . I do agree with Rose playing CB looks very sharp

I think that's just the type of defender he is. Doesn't do anything spectacular just clears his lines which is pretty much all you need at this level.

Just so happened that the one time he had to clear his lines today resulted in him letting Wallace through on goal. The rest of his game was ruined as he couldn't really recover from that mistake.

I think Rose has been better which will annoy certain posters as he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's definitely better on the ball than Reid.

I think that's just the type of defender he is. Doesn't do anything spectacular just clears his lines which is pretty much all you need at this level.

Just so happened that the one time he had to clear his lines today resulted in him letting Wallace through on goal. The rest of his game was ruined as he couldn't really recover from that mistake.

I think Rose has been better which will annoy certain posters as he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's definitely better on the ball than Reid.

Very well put[emoji122]

2 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Ayr fans - what's the crack with the away support at Somerset these days, consigned to a wee diddy section of the main stand (without even the terracing below?) or given the proper terracing?

The club are looking at putting in a gate at the seggy fence so our fans can go between both the goals and most away supports will be housed in the stand and the terracing below.

4 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Thanks guys - did Forfar fans just get the stand then or also the wee bit of terrace underneath it? I'm assuming whatever they got we will get.

Wasn't at the game, but I'd assume the terracing below was available. Very surprised if it wasn't.

1 minute ago, SimonLichtie said:

Thanks guys - did Forfar fans just get the stand then or also the wee bit of terrace underneath it? I'm assuming whatever they got we will get.

I believe one solitary man stood in the enclosure. 

16 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The club are looking at putting in a gate at the seggy fence so our fans can go between both the goals and most away supports will be housed in the stand and the terracing below.

Never round at the fence now but what happened to the gate that used to be in it? When we had Peterhead in the playoffs couple seasons back we went through it to get into the railway end fort the 2nd half.

5 minutes ago, pogo1910 said:

Never round at the fence now but what happened to the gate that used to be in it? When we had Peterhead in the playoffs couple seasons back we went through it to get into the railway end fort the 2nd half.

That is behind the hospitality suite, i think they want the gate in the actual segregation fence.  

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

That is behind the hospitality suite, i think they want the gate in the actual segregation fence.  

Yeah, it's not really practical behind there and takes a while, plus they want to keep that fenced off to stop yobos like itzdrk sneaking a shandy at half time.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Yeah, it's not really practical behind there and takes a while, plus they want to keep that fenced off to stop yobos like itzdrk sneaking a shandy at half time.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about :angel

Archived