Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

Wholesale changes for tonight with 7 changes made and only 5 outfield players on the bench.

Docherty, Geggan and McDaid aren't even in the squad with debuts for David Waite and Stuart Faulds.

Slightly concerned as we don't usually do wholesale changes.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more concerned that Moore is playing. I still have it in my head that he is due an injury! Happy with the team. Should in theory be strong enough, gives Forrest and Ferguson a chance of a start plus its as pressure free a chance as we will ever get to give 3 young lads their first starts

Apparently we're looking at Scott McKenna who was on loan at you guys last season. Any thoughts?

Edit: On the Record website.

Solid enough in League 1, badly exposed in the Championship last season.

Drawn at home to Montrose on the weekend of the Airshow. Presume it will get moved to the following Tuesday night. 

Pretty shit draw which will probably result in a money loss game, would presume you'll struggle to get a 4 figure crowd.

13 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

This is a joke of a cup emoji477.png️ should be like the Johnston paint trophy emoji471.png for lower leagues not for stupid colt teams and waste of space Irish and Welsh teams

eh, doesn't the Johnson Paint Trophy have EPL colt teams in it now?

Colt teams should be punted but im all for the Irish and Welsh being involved, i'd open it further and get more teams involved, maybe top 4 from each league, and add in Faorese and Icelandic teams as well for a bit more interest

17 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

This is a joke of a cup emoji477.png️ should be like the Johnston paint trophy emoji471.png for lower leagues not for stupid colt teams and waste of space Irish and Welsh teams

Joke or not, it's a cup, and a cup that doesn't have Ayr's name on it.

Ayr were the final twice in a row when the Challenge Cup was introduced and yet in have usually been boabied out by third division dross at the first time of asking recently. It's daft to dismiss it entirely, though if the draw keeps coming up favourably then it's a great way to blood in younger players. What's more, winning it would mean the denizens of the Blighted East would have to steal themselves a crayon in order to come up with a new song.

Joke or not, it's a cup, and a cup that doesn't have Ayr's name on it.
Ayr were the final twice in a row when the Challenge Cup was introduced and yet in have usually been boabied out by third division dross at the first time of asking recently. It's daft to dismiss it entirely, though if the draw keeps coming up favourably then it's a great way to blood in younger players. What's more, winning it would mean the denizens of the Blighted East would have to steal themselves a crayon in order to come up with a new song.

I wasn't dismissing it. I just feel that the competition is being belittled because of the inclusion of these teams who have no right to be there. We can win it based on form not because no one else values the competition

I'd imagine he thought he wouldn't be short on offers when he left us and now he's having to resort to whoever will take him.

I'm sure McCall would've resigned him at the end of last season but he clearly wasn't interested in staying.

No way we can afford him now nor do we really need him.

Archived