Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why can't us as fans create a new kind of group that gives somerset a good atmosphere , a vibe to enjoy instead of a stale atmosphere. I don't see why we could not do it?

We don't really need a group to create an atmosphere. I think the main reason for us being subdued was because we hadn't scored in the first 5 minutes. We knew that Forfar would be tough to break down and the team from two years ago would've struggled in this game.

I like the idea of having a drum though.

Just now, somerset_lad00 said:

We don't really need a group to create an atmosphere. I think the main reason for us being subdued was because we hadn't scored in the first 5 minutes. We knew that Forfar would be tough to break down and the team from two years ago would've struggled in this game.

I like the idea of having a drum though.

Not sure the age demographics of our support lends itself to make a whole lot of atmosphere, plus, today the crowd were more spread out from the SRE to the North Terrace, usually when the SRE is more tightly packed you hear a bit more noise.

Greame Miller needs to sort out a fan zone, a bar tent in the car park from 12-2:30, 5-7, get folk pished next to the club shop, better atmosphere and drunk sales cause increased profits on merchandise. 

Ayr Home crowd 70% sober, travelling Ayr crowd 70% not sober

Atmosphere at away games is superb.

Home games it can be like a morgue.

If you want to sing, get right behind the goals at the Somerset Road End.

If everyone who wants to sing gathers there it's a start.

I'm making up some banners etc for each game.

I'm no spring chicken now but was involved in starting the Ragazzi as I wanted some noise and colour especially at home.

I have a job, a home, a wife and 3 kids.  So when I go to the football I want an escape, an atmosphere, I cherish each game and want it to be more of an event.

Anyway, that's how I feel. I get that it's not for everyone, but it is for me.

Lets do it, let's make it happen.

Usually I'd say the team need to get the fans in the mood to create an atmosphere but I think this side deserve the same backing as the 1987-88 team got, even if we were off it or trailing, we made a lot of noise and it did gain us points.

You could quite clearly hear snippets of abuse after 10 or 15 minutes, give them a fucking chance, they're not the same as the teams we've fielded in recent seasons,they can score freely even when they're not near top gear.

Every team gets more vociferous support from their travelling fans than their home fans, I'd imagine, but atmosphere is about more than songs. When the crowd is engaged in the game and kicking every ball, like against Kilmarnock, it's a better place to be and you can feel it. I'd imagine as the season goes on and the stakes get higher and clearer it'll make a difference.

Greame Miller needs to sort out a fan zone, a bar tent in the car park from 12-2:30, 5-7, get folk pished next to the club shop, better atmosphere and drunk sales cause increased profits on merchandise. 

That's is probably the best idea I've heard to bring income to the club

Ultimately I would be amazed if this was given a license thanks to our glorious SAC and due to Police Scotland believing their job is to stop things from happening, rather than do their job and police things effectively.

Could also do an away tent as well when we host a half decent away support example Raith. If we do get promoted it would be a gold mine with the likes of morton, Falkirk , St.Mirren , Queen of the south and Livingston (If they don't move out of the Championship )

Could also do an away tent as well when we host a half decent away support example Raith. If we do get promoted it would be a gold mine with the likes of morton, Falkirk , St.Mirren , Queen of the south and Livingston (If they don't move out of the Championship )

You had me going until you mentioned Livingston.

Archived