Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

What is the need for a "target man"? I think the football we're playing just now is far superior to punting the ball up to a big haddy. We do need another striker, but not a 6ft+ jingly b*****d. I thought the formation we switched to in the second half at ER is good plan B with going 3 at the back with Ferguson and Boyle at wing back and playing Forrest and McGuffie in behind the lone striker. A team like this:

Hart

Rose Reid Higgins 

Ferguson                     Boyle

Geggan Docherty 

McDaid             McGuffie

Moffat

Agree your years of hoofball wasn't nice to watch.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, thomas 62 said:

Correct. We've probably got the most technically gifted striker in the league (Moffat) and arguably the biggest threat in the oppositions box (Moore) and together they're freely scoring and folk are shouting for target men :lol:.

I do however agree we need another striker, but this perception that they need to be 6ft 6 and able to knock lumps out of defenders is nonsense.

This love-in with Andy O'Connell is bizarre! He wasn't good enough and bringing him back is not going to improve our team. Get a grip guys

What love in?

Literally no one has said he would improve our team either, would add to the squad though. Realistically if we bring in anther striker it'll be someone around that level as they're coming in knowing they will be a back up.

3 hours ago, thomas 62 said:

Is that what you told your mates as you walked out Somerset Park as Hoofball Andy Graham ended your promotion hopes?

"listen lads, i'd rather play good football and not get promoted than play hoofball and get promoted like they Ayrshire scum" 

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is that what you told your mates as you walked out Somerset Park as Hoofball Andy Graham ended your promotion hopes?

"listen lads, i'd rather play good football and not get promoted than play hoofball and get promoted like they Ayrshire scum" 

I'm talking about your Kevin Kyle and Beattie days big hoof up the park, you have a better balanced team now.

Archived