Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's hilarious, bloke thinks the team is sitting back to defend when they started with two forwards and two wingers. HAS MCCALL LEARNED NOTHING?

He doesn't have the brains to realise that Moore and McDaid were brought off to save them for Saturday.

Folk like him never post when we're playing well and only go on when he's got a chance to complain about the team.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

He doesn't have the brains to realise that Moore and McDaid were brought off to save them for Saturday.

Folk like him never post when we're playing well and only go on when he's got a chance to complain about the team.

Although he's just mentioned he had a load on money on Ayr tonight so no wonder his face is greetin

After the pumping tonight i hope it hasn't taken too much out of the team for Saturday. Also Geggan seemed to go off injured so hopefully nothing serious, slightly worried about Crawford's injury as hopefully it's not the same ankle which got wrecked by a rash tackle at Hibs last and meant he missed about 4/5 weeks.

Wouldn't look into that too much. That Hibs team will do that a few times this season.

Much like what we'll be doing this season ... hopefully

Just need to forget about it and look forward to Forfar

After the pumping tonight i hope it hasn't taken too much out of the team for Saturday. Also Geggan seemed to go off injured so hopefully nothing serious, slightly worried about Crawford's injury as hopefully it's not the same ankle which got wrecked by a rash tackle at Hibs last and meant he missed about 4/5 weeks.

McCall said on the radio that Crawford should be fit for Saturday

McCall said on the radio that Crawford should be fit for Saturday

As long as one of Geggan or Crawford is fit as we'll be in a bit of bother otherwise.

Rose can play there but that's us down to the bare bones.

Aye i'm honestly not that fussed about tonights result - was a pish draw. Obviously disappointed to get pumped but far more concerned about the possible injury worries. Good to hear Crawford should be back at least.

The first time this season you have played a reasonable side and you got your arses well felt. :thumsup2:1eye

Well it's a good thing there aren't any other teams in this league as good as Hibs.

We can write that result off or perhaps consider that it does tell us something about our threadbare squad,. McDaid and McGuffie was always going to be too lightweight away from home to a strong Hibs side.  Not sure what else we could have done other than drop Moffat to left midfield and ask him to give Boyle some protection (we know from last season that Boyle is suspect against a pacey wide man.).   I'm still not sure which position Reid was signed to play, but I'd like to see us sign an experienced centre back - Michael Rose is, at best, a work in progress that is no where near ready for that quality of opposition.  Couldn't care less about the result but I do feel sorry for the 600 fans who wasted their time going through to Edinburgh.

Much like what we'll be doing this season ... hopefully

Just need to forget about it and look forward to Forfar

I'm not so sure. You're in great form just now but that won't last all season.

Maybe get some good score lines against the teams near the bottom but you'll get a tough game most weeks I'm sure.

Think it'll be a close run thing between you and Raith.

Hopefully we will field a team of mostly youths in the challenge cup game coming up and go out before we pick up more injuries. The league and a half decent run in the Scottish should be our only concern from now on.

Adams, Geggan, Crawford and possibly McGuffie going by the AU twitter feed all look to have picked up knocks of varying severity in the last two games, and to think we were concerned about having too many midfield players when Cairney was possibly resigning. Rose and Gilmour can play there if we are short on Saturday but I'd like to see Rose settle in with Higgins.

Archived