Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dafcburty said:

A fair assessment, I think Raith will struggle to keep tabs on us even without re-inforcements but I'd be happier if McCall did add another 2 players. 

Think we will win this league in a canter. We have goal threats all through the team. McDaid, Moffat, Moore, Giggins and Forrest will all average 10 league goals each at least. Rest of the team will get 20 at least. That's 70 goals championship winning form. Could be an 87/88 form winning team for us to remember forever [emoji5]

Think we will win this league in a canter. We have goal threats all through the team. McDaid, Moffat, Moore, Giggins and Forrest will all average 10 league goals each at least. Rest of the team will get 20 at least. That's 70 goals championship winning form. Could be an 87/88 form winning team for us to remember forever [emoji5]

I think you need to dial it down a bit. The season hasn't started proper.

Im always optimistic at the start of the season but being very cautious this year [emoji6]

16 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Dont knock the mans pre-season optimism. We're going to go this season undefeated in the league and it's going to be glorious.

We certainly aint heavy favourites.  We are playing an untested youngster at Centre Half on Saturday, and have already had to start a game this season with another untested youngster in midfield.

If every member of our first 11 stays fit, suspension free and plays to form then we would be slight favourites.  That isn’t going to happen though.

We have probably put all our eggs in one basket, but the alternative would be fleshing out with average players which I don’t necessarily think is a better route to go down. 

Ayr’s situation is a bit different in that Full Time football represents an opportunity they didn’t have last season.  Our situation is having to cut back massively due to relegation.  Psychologically I think theres a fair bit of a difference there apart from anything else. 

9 hours ago, ftk said:

Think we will win this league in a canter. We have goal threats all through the team. McDaid, Moffat, Moore, Giggins and Forrest will all average 10 league goals each at least. Rest of the team will get 20 at least. That's 70 goals championship winning form. Could be an 87/88 form winning team for us to remember forever emoji5.png

We have a goalkeeper who hasn't really been tested but hasn't looked 100% comfortable, the back-up is 18. We have 3-4 injury prone senior pro's out of a squad of maybe 12 meaning we are only 2 injuries away from a crisis at any given time. 

If the keeper proves to be capable and we stay clear of suspensions and injuries I think we will be top 2 as a minimum , I'd guess either Ayr or Raith will win the league by 2-4 points.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

We have a goalkeeper who hasn't really been tested but hasn't looked 100% comfortable, the back-up is 18. We have 3-4 injury prone senior pro's out of a squad of maybe 12 meaning we are only 2 injuries away from a crisis at any given time. 

If the keeper proves to be capable and we stay clear of suspensions and injuries I think we will be top 2 as a minimum , I'd guess either Ayr or Raith will win the league by 2-4 points.

Good cup run could see us strengthen in January...

Does anyone actually see a better keeper than hart at this point in this league? I'd say they are all pretty sketchy. I think give the boy a chance he hasn't played competitively for at least 12 months and could grow to being a hero for us

I agree about giving him a chance, and indeed supporting him when he has a few (inevitable shaky moments).

But your post just mentioned best keeper in the league and club hero. Let's not put unnecessary pressure on the lad.

Archived