Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

4 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Roberts not call him out at one point and ask him to sit in the dugout for a game?

Or am a way off in thinking that?

Think so, I'm sure he had a pic of it on his FB page at one point. It's not even abuse the majority of the time, it's screaming tactics at the players and telling them what to do. When I had a word with him he told me he coached boys football for twenty years so that's obviously where it comes from, he fancies himself as an armchair manager. I'm not even sure he realises how bad he is as he acted bemused as to why I had come up to him. He's an absolute roaster and listening to him is like nails on a chalkboard.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Genuinely despise that guy and his nonsensical amateur football style ramblings. As if he thinks he is in charge of a coaching session.

Need to move if I'm anywhere near him at a game.

More folk need to have a word with him, if enough do it must sink it at some point, I can't go through another season of listening to that, and I'm not moving to the SRE just so I don't have to listen to him.

He genuinely sucks the joy out of going to the football on a Saturday.

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/season-update-shop-hours/

Club hoping for Season Ticket sales of up to near 1000, unfortunately i somehow feel as if that's a bit too much to ask. 

Pleasantly surprised though that 500 season tickets have already been sold.

There is no incentive to buy early, folk might leave it till next Saturday to part with £220

Do you mean that William Hetherington, gets right up ma goat the old c**t. If you stand in the North Terrace you can't help but hear his pish. Last season was particularly bad, he never shut up for the whole of the games. I had to go up to him and have a word with him at one point, waste of time, in one ear and out the other. He's the same on Facebook, only posts on the Ayr page when there's a loss, never a word when we win. He does not take a telling, and this is the guy that's been called out by Devlin and Balatoni in different games and he still continues.

When Cairney got injured last season this old p**ck was celebrating and shouting about how he "hopes Cairney has broke his leg". Personally wouldn't wish that on an opposition player never mind one of my own

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Does anyone know what's happening with the Darryl Duffy situation, might be something in the Ayrshire Post tomorrow but honestly can't see him signing for St Mirren.

Still looks like a possibility.

Picture53.png

Does anyone know what's happening with the Darryl Duffy situation, might be something in the Ayrshire Post tomorrow but honestly can't see him signing for St Mirren.

It seems that St Mirren have turned their attention to Andy Ryan but I'm surprised they were even looking at Duffy in the first place.

13 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

It seems that St Mirren have turned their attention to Andy Ryan but I'm surprised they were even looking at Duffy in the first place.

Airdrie are well and truly fucked if he goes.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The not yet would maybe suggest he's still interested in coming. f**k it I'd go for it. One of these experienced pros have to turn out alright.

Sounds like he's waiting for the call.

I'm not against signing Duffy because I think he will be crap, he has a reasonable goal scoring record and has played for some decent clubs, better levels than McManus, Parker and Buchanan who we have had previously who have fell to our level, I'm not against him because he looks like Gash from Rab C Nesbit either.

My only reason for not signing him would be, With Forrest, Moffat, Moore, McGuffie, McDaid and young Murphy all able to play in that position and all likely to score goals given the chance, is there any need to add another player in to that list ? 

23 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I haven't been on the SRE because it replaced the Honestpage and it went in to the toilet because of the roasters on it a year or two before it was put out of its misery. Does WillieH post on it? I saw him on the BT coverage having the cheek to celebrate the goal against Killie. probably the only time for two hours he wasn't shouting about how shite we are

There's a Facebook page with the same name, mate. At least on that you can see who people really are. Doesn't stop folk from acting like total mental cases, though.

I'm not against signing Duffy because I think he will be crap, he has a reasonable goal scoring record and has played for some decent clubs, better levels than McManus, Parker and Buchanan who we have had previously who have fell to our level, I'm not against him because he looks like Gash from Rab C Nesbit either.
My only reason for not signing him would be, With Forrest, Moffat, Moore, McGuffie, McDaid and young Murphy all able to play in that position and all likely to score goals given the chance, is there any need to add another player in to that list ? 

Only two of the players you listed there are capable of playing through the middle.

Only two of the players you listed there are capable of playing through the middle.

Forrest can play as a number 10 and McDaid and Murphy can both be used as strikers in case of emergency

Youth team players ?

Does anyone remember the "old days" when you would give your big number 9 from the reserves / U21 team a go as opposed to playing someone mediocre in their own position as a makeshift in a position they don't know how to play ??

Not just us right enough, nobody seems to give their youth players a chance (which begs the question of why bother) and of course it backfired on Celtic as well last week.

Strange times in football...........

Youth team players ?
Does anyone remember the "old days" when you would give your big number 9 from the reserves / U21 team a go as opposed to playing someone mediocre in their own position as a makeshift in a position they don't know how to play ??
Not just us right enough, nobody seems to give their youth players a chance (which begs the question of why bother) and of course it backfired on Celtic as well last week.
Strange times in football...........

We've just promoted 7 youth players and gave them full time deals. On top of that there's 3 former youth players in the first team that are considered key players.

There's not many other teams in Scotland that has put as much faith into their youth academy to produce players. They might only be on the bench but they will be expected to contribute to this season.

The last time we tried to put a youth player straight into the team was Sean McKenzie and he clearly wasn't good enough.

I'd rather have McDaid playing as a striker over some unproven youth player that isn't ready for the first team.

I'm not saying anyone should be chucked straight in as a regular starter, however what I was saying was play a number 9 from the youth team at number 9 if we are short as opposed to playing Forrest through the middle. Same thing with play a boy at left back from the youth team rather than trying to fit in Ross Docherty etc. 

Don't get me wrong, it may not work but we should be giving it a try if we need to.

Archived