Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See that someone has put on the SRE that Darryl Duffy has been training with us for the past week.

Hope not we need young players.2 many past it players over the years .harkins ,el alagui,beattie,kyle any more?give the young players a chance as back up 2 moffat and moore,

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

1 minute ago, ftk said:

You would be against Ayr Utd using Somerset Park more to raise extra money to invest in the first team?

Given that we couldn't afford a 3g surface (And there is little interest in having one at the club) sharing a pitch with something which will destroy the pitch isn't really acceptable.  

Given that we couldn't afford a 3g surface (And there is little interest in having one at the club) sharing a pitch with something which will destroy the pitch isn't really acceptable.  

Yeah I agree they couldn't share with a rugby team and use a grass pitch. Extra money club would get though would pay for an artificial pitch. We could also use it for the first team and youth teams to train on and save more money. Be nice to see Somerset Park used as real community stadium used every day.

Yeah I agree they couldn't share with a rugby team and use a grass pitch. Extra money club would get though would pay for an artificial pitch. We could also use it for the first team and youth teams to train on and save more money. Be nice to see Somerset Park used as real community stadium used every day. 

How much extra money would we get per month from a 3G pitch then?

How much extra money would we get per month from a 3G pitch then?

Well if you had Ayr Rugby Club moving there full time that would command a healthy fee every month. I'm sure the posh rugby types would spend plenty in the hospitality too. Then you would save money from not needing to pay for the youth teams to play at Belmont and first team training at Cricket club/Glasgow. Might even get some money from council for community projects.

Well if you had Ayr Rugby Club moving there full time that would command a healthy fee every month. I'm sure the posh rugby types would spend plenty in the hospitality too. Then you would save money from not needing to pay for the youth teams to play at Belmont and first team training at Cricket club/Glasgow. Might even get some money from council for community projects.

That's not really an answer. Given that a 3G pitch costs upwards of 250K, I'm not really sure you've thought this through.

That's not really an answer. Given that a 3G pitch costs upwards of 250K, I'm not really sure you've thought this through.

There must be about 15 teams in the spfl that have artificial pitches lots smaller than us. Of course it's feasable. I don't know how much you would charge a rugby club to use our facilities? Is 100k a year unreasonable? Could turn out to be very profitable for us.

There must be about 15 teams in the spfl that have artificial pitches lots smaller than us. Of course it's feasable. I don't know how much you would charge a rugby club to use our facilities? Is 100k a year unreasonable? Could turn out to be very profitable for us. 

In other words, you don't know how much money it would bring in.

Why would the rugby club want to move in with us and pay us "100k" a year?

Archived