Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

The thing that stuck out for me last night was the structure and balance of the team, we've not had anything like that for years. It was easy to see who was playing where and everyone knew their jobs and knew their positions.

Very early days, however I thought we were superb in every position. Higgins and Rose have formed an immediate understanding, Geggan slotted in perfectly to RB, McDaid looked an absolute class act out wide, Moffat and Moore looked as if they had been playing together for years and our young Goalkeeper also looked completely assured. Docherty and Adams were also absolutely immense and bossed the midfield.

Nearly forgot Robbies moment of brilliance, he showed great energy as always but his messi like run was just class and hats off to the boy as I'm always quick to criticise.

Yes, it's very early days, but the signs are looking good for an excellent season ahead and of course the added bonus was outclassing and ultimately putting our "noisy neighbours" to the sword................

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ftk said:

One has to be simply

'One team in Ayrshire!'

Agreed, that's 1 sorted.  I'll mock up a few and post them. 

Was thinking of black background. White silhouette of Ayr town skyline. ONE TEAM IN AYRSHIRE in white letters below

1 hour ago, bazka6 said:

One wee thing, not think we were still glaringly missing a natural left mid?

I think he probably just played Crawford out there for this game to watch out for O'Donnell overlapping. Would expect it to be mainly Forrest and/or McGuffie in the league.

And then he got decked by Joe Cardle. Absolute shitebag [emoji38]

Now now Grant haven't you heard about the new alliance between the giants of Fife and the giants of Ayrshire now that Sir Andy Geggan has been returned to the hallowed turf.

And anyway I've blocked that part about Cardle out. Same goes for our title challenge crumbling at the start of December.

Archived