Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

On 2017-6-21 at 22:28, UpInTheAyr said:

Wonder if the club will get any kind of fee for Fleming since he's still under contract. He's not really one of the players you'd let go just to get off the wage bill (Harkins)

Hart good but needs experience - anyone seen Rab the goalie coach at training? I haven't.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Joma Boo said:

He's left.

Not good with news around goalkeepers/coach and defensive losses too.

Thought Rab did great job. Fleming player of year and Rab's goalies at previous club's got same status.  Can't be coincidence.

8 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Away to Albion Rovers on the opening day. Brings back some absolutely tremendous memories of 2 years ago.

The run in looks decent if we're in a title challenge....

5 minutes ago, Iain said:

Only two of our last 5 at home is not ideal.

Just means in the period before we have an extra home game, or in the last 6 it's 3 home and 3 away.

Looking forward to the opening game now. Let's get the squad completed soon and get off to a good start!

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

The run in looks decent if we're in a title challenge....

Personally i would say airdrie and alloa away as 2 tough games and stranraer at home will be no walk in the park either. Although saying that Airdrie seem to be in a mess so they could well be battling at the other end of the table.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Personally i would say airdrie and alloa away as 2 tough games and stranraer at home will be no walk in the park either. Although saying that Airdrie seem to be in a mess so they could well be battling at the other end of the table.

Everyone seems to be raving about Stranraers team this year, I don't see it. Don't agree with mcbookie having them second favourites for the drop, but they've kept players like Agnew and Thomson who were part of the bad team last year, added guys like Woods, Wallace and Neil who are not top end League 1 players. Jamie Hamill could be a decent addition, but he could also completely bomb. Lower mid table outfit for me.

Away to Albion Rovers on the opening day. Brings back some absolutely tremendous memories of 2 years ago.

That was my first thought. Didn't you guys go on to win something like the next 16 games in a row after that horror show?

31 minutes ago, sam2304 said:

That was my first thought. Didn't you guys go on to win something like the next 16 games in a row after that horror show?

We didn't lose again until December. I'd take that again to be fair, but getting bent over at Cliftonhill and having to put up with Neil Doncaster's presence next to us was a lowlight of my Ayr-supporting life.

3 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

We didn't lose again until December. I'd take that again to be fair, but getting bent over at Cliftonhill and having to put up with Neil Doncaster's presence next to us was a lowlight of my Ayr-supporting life.

Were you being bent over by Neil Doncaster? If not it could have been worse.

Although you might argue fans of small clubs are continually bent over by the likes of Neil Doncaster.

24 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Has Craig Reid actually signed? Saw it mentioned he was supposed to sign yesterday but not seen any announcement

It's just to be announced because the player is following the club on twitter and the clubs following him. Notice he's also following a couple of the players so it's definitely happened, think it's possibly to do with Graeme Miller being on holiday as to why it hasn't been announced yet.

Archived