Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, singin am no fae killie said:

Wide player is Chris Johnston who's been offered a deal but is yet to naw or ya it

Is he training with us?

Not sure how that would go down with him playing so many games up the road.

However he's already made 16 appearances for us apparently...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Johnston_(footballer)

41 minutes ago, singin am no fae killie said:

Wide player is Chris Johnston who's been offered a deal but is yet to naw or ya it

Is there any way we can keep this from the Raith fans for as long as possible?

Well after a couple of weeks of silence, fans moaning and complaints building up today has brought a lot of positive and welcoming news.
Although it will be a shame to see Fleming go it seems as if we've got a fantastic talent in Hart which is yet to be seen and we've got a fantastic signing in defence, not sure if Reid was maybe the one McCall was linked with in January if Devlin had gone then.
Notice that digital kitchens is doing improvement works to the managers office, referees room and possibly the dressing rooms for free, hats off to Graeme Miller for getting good business done there with what seems to be now a major sponsor.

Digital Kitchens renovating both changing rooms, managers office & referees room. With the guys going full time, it'll create a much better professional environment.

Both Hilson and Johnston would be very welcome addition. Personally if I had the choice I'd rather have Hilson but suspect Johnston is more likely being a local boy. 

With a winger coming in and McCall chasing another defender then we could start off the season something like this; 

IMG_3275.JPG

Johnston could very well be okay at this level, but there was nothing to suggest that could be the case based on his performances last season.

He was an anonymous jobber in the vast majority of the games, and I would have been confused, and pretty disappointed if we'd kept him.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Both Hilson and Johnston would be very welcome addition. Personally if I had the choice I'd rather have Hilson but suspect Johnston is more likely being a local boy. 

With a winger coming in and McCall chasing another defender then we could start off the season something like this; 

IMG_3275.JPG

For me that's the only way I see McCall playing 2 up top, having Doc and Geggan in midfield. 

That would be a brilliant starting 11 for this league btw.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

IMG_3275.JPG

Even money here we come.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

IMG_3275.JPG

Someone said to me they thought McCall had been talking about a front three.  Using the terminology wide striker would back that up

I was looking at the squad earlier on that basis

20170621_212629.thumb.png.7606b516dd26ae79acdfefde5abe2147.png

Someone said to me they thought McCall had been talking about a front three.  Using the terminology wide striker would back that up
I was looking at the squad earlier on that basis
20170621_212629.thumb.png.7606b516dd26ae79acdfefde5abe2147.png

If Cairney re-signs I'd have him in place of Crawford.

I'm not sure I would in that formation, although his lack of mobility wouldn't be as obvious this season in that position.

If you've got a midfield of Docherty, Geggan and Cairney you'll always have control of the midfield and will give a better chance of winning. Having Crawford in there is ok but he's pretty inconsistent and can run about for 90 minutes without really doing much.

Archived