Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

23 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Heard the name Ben Gibson pop up but don't know he's an actual target or just wishful thinking.

I presume you mean Ben Gordon and he would be a very good addition as we are in urgent need of defenders.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I presume you mean Ben Gordon and he would be a very good addition as we are in urgent need of defenders.

Yeah you're right, don't know where the name Ben Gibson came from.

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

http://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=5801

Ticket prices been announced for the cup game, very reasonable pricing but no news from our end yet and Killie put there's up at half 1. 

Shambolic from us as usual, wouldn't be surprised if we announced different prices.

We'll probably do the same and sell only to season ticket holders. Just hope they don't expect a big crowd.

1 minute ago, GaryMc93 said:

We'll probably do the same and sell only to season ticket holders. Just hope they don't expect a big crowd.

I don't think that will work considering Season Tickets aren't even on sale yet.

28 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'd be surprised if we challenge if I'm being honest.

Based on our current squad we'd be lucky to make the playoffs imo. A couple of new additions (CB and ST) plus Cairney re-signing and we may have a chance.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

http://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=5801

Ticket prices been announced for the cup game, very reasonable pricing but no news from our end yet and Killie put there's up at half 1. 

Shambolic from us as usual, wouldn't be surprised if we announced different prices.

Might be waiting to hear from Clyde first. 

Its been a bit of a shambles this summer but i think folk just have the pitchforks out. 

Its been a bit of a shambles this summer but i think folk just have the pitchforks out. 

After the last couple of years it's really unlike the club. Social media has been one of our strongest points when you take in to consideration other clubs in league 1. More to it I think.

36 minutes ago, singin am no fae killie said:

After the last couple of years it's really unlike the club. Social media has been one of our strongest points when you take in to consideration other clubs in league 1. More to it I think.

I don't think we utilise our social media to the extent others do. Bar updates that come from the official site, there's next to no interaction with fans or other clubs.

People were always going to jump on any sort of incompetency this summer after last season. A positive start following by being slightly competent thereafter would have kept everyone happy. Isn't really that difficult to achieve to be honest - particularly with the cup draw.

Basic information such as entrance prices, season tickets etc should have been out weeks ago. Such an opportunity to sell season tickets early after the positive announcements lost - when full time and the signings were announced I would have got a season ticket, now I think I'll just pick and choose depending on what else is happening those weekends. Imagine there will be plenty in the same boat.

See that Mick Wardrope has moved to Kilwinning Rangers, personally thought he could have got a team in league 2.

Dale Hilson is now training with St Mirren so can't see him coming to us now.

See that Mick Wardrope has moved to Kilwinning Rangers, personally thought he could have got a team in league 2.
Dale Hilson is now training with St Mirren so can't see him coming to us now.

Decent player but not really sure why St Mirren would want him given Queens don't.

It seems that out of contract players often train with several clubs during pre-season: is it maybe they are just using the facilities etc to get fit until they find a club?

Hilson was just training with Dumbarton (presumably in the evening) and is supposedly now at St.Mirren already. Pre-season is just starting now isn't it?

Craig Reid, ex Dunfermline will sign on Thursday but Fleming will now leave. All in the Post this week.

So we've gone from Fleming doubtful to him likely to stay to him now leaving.

Pretty frustrating although it gives Hart a chance to take his chance and become our number 1.

McCall says he also wants a wide player/striker which could be Hilson and another defender. Hopefully the signings of this defender and Reid will allow Geggan to play in midfield.

Fleming leaving is a bit disappointing but not a major blow to us. As a few others have said, Hart will be capable of the step up and has experience of playing first team football. Craig Reid will be a good signing as it could mean Geggan now moving into midfield. McCall also stated he wanted another centrehalf and wide player in which should probably complete our squad and good news about Boyle signing on tomorrow too.

ETA - It doesn't necessarily say he wants another centrehalf but I'm assuming this would be the case.

Archived