Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

The best is david castilla ...best day of my life meeting him at top of empire state building ...what a goalie tha ,

I still remember him playing against Queen's Park at Somerset and the away support had brought a trombone in, using it at every goal kick. I don't think he ever got used to it, every one was straight out for a shy.

4 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Heard the name Ben Gibson pop up but don't know he's an actual target or just wishful thinking.

Would be a coup to sign a current England international, for sure.

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Dale hilson is training with Dumbarton, looking doubtful that we'll get him. I'd be pretty surprised if we sign anyone else to be honest. 

I'd be surprised if we challenge if I'm being honest.

Michael Paton hasn't signed for us (and we have not announced he has been punted). Could be a good addition to the ex-Par colony.

For this level I'd rather have taken Joe Cardle but I think he's signed an extension. I'd probably take Paton just as easily though.

6 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

For this level I'd rather have taken Joe Cardle but I think he's signed an extension. I'd probably take Paton just as easily though.

Cardle was one of the very few players on a 2 yr deal. Didn't see much of Paton last season but was a handy player when we won League One. I thought he could be a decent centre midfielder (instead of wide right) and he filled in at left back for us too in our final game of the season. 

Archived