Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

How can the club lose money from something they're not paying a penny towards?
From my understanding Gavin had tried to team up with the club but was met with hurdle after hurdle. I'm sure [mention=6150]GavMan_AUFC_1910[/mention] will let you know more.

I don't really see why they would do this? Very strange.

The positivity following our early signings has completely evaporated, might have been good if the seasons were on sale then.

Might be wrong but seems they are later than last year, along with the friendly announcements.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don't really see why they would do this? Very strange.

The positivity following our early signings has completely evaporated, might have been good if the seasons were on sale then.

Might be wrong but seems they are later than last year, along with the friendly announcements.

No one at the club wanted to take responsibility in helping Gavin organise it. Like he said, he had this all booked in January, why was it only announced 3 weeks ago by the club?

The seasons aren't on sale as I think they are embarrassed to put them on, from what I've heard, they're the same price as last year. All friendlies are behind closed doors as well.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

No one at the club wanted to take responsibility in helping Gavin organise it. Like he said, he had this all booked in January, why was it only announced 3 weeks ago by the club?

The seasons aren't on sale as I think they are embarrassed to put them on, from what I've heard, they're the same price as last year. All friendlies are behind closed doors as well.

After all the initial positivity it's going rapidly downhill, that's a disgrace if season tickets are staying the same price as well considering the substantially lower oppositions we will be playing.

21 minutes ago, ftk said:

Heard that there was very little interest in this so club would probably have lost money.

The club put the details out 3 weeks before the event was due to go ahead which was laughable. I had the course booked at the end of February.

The club only had to pay the course a £250 deposit so the event was in profit only a few days after being announced due to people sponsoring holes and signing up.

I thought teaming up with the club would maximise the potential of the event. How stupid am I?!

Maybe I should have gone it alone like the previous 2 events which I am told were a great success.

Pretty shocking to be fair, hopefully gets rearranged as I was up for play no however everyone else was busy.

To be fair the prices didn't really go up last year (other than the early bird prices) Add that back on and job done, should have been out weeks ago.

I would hope that the pay at the gate prices would come down though!!

38 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Come on now! The club are too embarrassed to put the season tickets up for sale? I don't think I've heard anything so silly in all my life. And that includes the Brian Gilmour stadium plans above. I know there is often some shite spoken surrounding Ayr Utd, and fans often need to invent something to have a go, but who is genuinely trying to pass that off as reality.

Who did you hear that from, some wee daft guy in the pub? 

I'm not even surprised, the way the club is run from top to bottom is an absoulote shambles. They aren't interested nor will they put in any effort to better Ayr United.

The positivity of the few early signings has completely evaporated and I'm now dreading the start of the season. Still in two minds whether to purchase a season ticket (pricing staying the same doesn't particularly bother me as FT football comes at a price) but really don't see the point in wasting all that money when the people running the club couldn't care less.

Expecting the prices for season and gate to be the same as last year, despite dropping down a division. With going full time I'm fine with that, it has to be paid for somehow and it won't really come as a shock when they come out.

It's things like this footgolf event, if true, that look bad. Poor organisation on the clubs part yet again, makes us look like a Mickey Mouse club.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Expecting the prices for season and gate to be the same as last year, despite dropping down a division. With going full time I'm fine with that, it has to be paid for somehow and it won't really come as a shock when they come out.

It's things like this footgolf event, if true, that look bad. Poor organisation on the clubs part yet again, makes us look like a Mickey Mouse club.

I think a lot of supporters would say we already are a mickey mouse club.

9 minutes ago, Joma Boo said:

Come on now! The club are too embarrassed to put the season tickets up for sale? I don't think I've heard anything so silly in all my life. And that includes the Brian Gilmour stadium plans above. I know there is often some shite spoken surrounding Ayr Utd, and fans often need to invent something to have a go, but who is genuinely trying to pass that off as reality.

Who did you hear that from, some wee daft guy in the pub? 

The last 2 years prices, ST etc were out prompt. This year, bar the strips going on sale (no mention on price) there's been zero talk of pricing strategy and that's with us going full time. We must be the only club in Britain to not have even announced prices, never mind started selling. I've been one of backs the club on here for a long time, but there are only so many horror stories and f**k ups an club can do before serious questions are asked. 

Lachlan Cameron mentioned months ago about how much money he's pilling into the club, we the have an opportunity to raise money with rubbing shoulders with some Ayr legends and they can't be arsed making an effort to write an article and put on the website!

It's pretty crazy that the club wouldn't plan to release season tickets around the time we were announcing full-time football and various good quality signings. Surely it would make sense to try cash in on the positive mood from the fans? Unless the club has a couple more tricks up their sleeve then it defies all logic. Similarly, there's absolutely nothing on the website with information on next season's kits, i.e. release dates, prices etc.

The whole footgolf situation if true wouldn't surprise me either. Lachlan berates how much he's put into the club, yet I can't help but feel he wouldn't have had to put in so much if he and/or others at the club had a better idea of how to maximise revenue. A sizeable chunk of the support on social media seem to have a stauner for the so-called commercial manager because he's often the first to break transfer news, but how many years has he been here for now? Has anyone seen evidence of a substantial improvement in the commercial side of things in that time?

It's worth pointing out that the club shop and the lottery have been a couple of bright lights in amongst that, but that seems to be far more to do with those involved at ground level - many of them are volunteers or not directly employed by the club - rather than the suits in the higher reaches of the club.

The reaction to this will seem a bit knee-jerk to many, however it just seems indicative of the way the club has been run for years. I'm still fairly optimistic about the playing squad for the coming season, but from a business perspective there's so many things that could be done so much better.

Couldn't give a f**k about season tickets myself as i won't buy one.  I don't understand why they couldn't sell them before they arrive though.  

Maybe the club have far better ideas to raise money and can do it themselves without the help from supporters, whether that be for the player budget or whatever else.

But surely they should be looking to raise as much as they can from any and all sources! So that Lachlan doesn't need to pump all this cash that he says he is having to pump in to keep us alive.

18 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

But surely they should be looking to raise as much as they can from any and all sources! So that Lachlan doesn't need to pump all this cash that he says he is having to pump in to keep us alive.

Think he was being sarcastic...

Well this weeks been a commercial disaster.
First of all you've got McCall coming out saying we're struggling for players due to the budget. This after he gave us 3 different accounts of how he's building the team this year.
Secondly after saying the clubs budget might not stretch we find out the club can't be arsed backing a fan raising probably about a months wages for a player at an event aimed at helping them.
Thirdly the fan base has went from optimism to beginning to be completely pissed off and season tickets aren't out yet.

Can't blame the chairman he employees people to run the club as he's abroad. But if I was him I'd be asking some questions of what the f@@@ is going on

Quite a lot of shite being spouted on here this week (more than normal).

We are a relegated team who have taken a huge step forwards by going full time and signing up a few players that will make us a better team for a while. 

The season tickets are not out...we never backed a fund raiser.... commercial disaster.... monies tight... ffs 

Lets get behind the club as this is a huge season coming up. A bit more positive chat please.

Quite a lot of shite being spouted on here this week (more than normal).
We are a relegated team who have taken a huge step forwards by going full time and signing up a few players that will make us a better team for a while. 
The season tickets are not out...we never backed a fund raiser.... commercial disaster.... monies tight... ffs 
Lets get behind the club as this is a huge season coming up. A bit more positive chat please.

Well said ,onwards and upwards ....hope we start the season with a nice wee victory over our neighbours....tbh its still the most positive pre season we have had in along time ....shame about the footgolf as I know gavman puts alot of effort in to it ....coyhm

Archived